Robins already!

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by nduetime, Jan 15, 2007.

1. nduetime

nduetime I am a Christian American Supporter

A friend and I took our dogs for a long walk this am alongside a railroad track. We saw dozens of robins already. They were eating dried up dark looking berries off the trees and chattering like mad. probably wondering why they came back so early. It is only January and we had a couple inches of snow last night. It was nice to see and hear them.

2. RiverPines

RiverPines Well-Known Member

I'm in Wisconsin and I haven't seen them leave!! They just moved to more wooded areas! :)
    I would think they may be more noticed since with the snow, they are moving more to find food.
    At least for my area in SC Wisconsin it seems Robins have just decided to stay this year.

3. nduetime

nduetime I am a Christian American Supporter

You are probably right although I have not seen any until today. It has been a ridiculously mild winter hasn't it? We are getting worried about the pastures and fields getting enough water. If we do not get about 15" (that is how much we are behind as of yesterday) of snow pretty quickly we are going to have to pray for rain.

4. Bearfootfarm

Bearfootfarm Hello, hello....is there anybody in there.....? Supporter

That kind of strange. Just yesterday I saw a large flock of Robins and thought it was unusual, but Im in North Carolina

5. MaineFarmMom

MaineFarmMom Columnist, Feature Writer

Many of them stay here now. Once I noticed the first one I started looking for and seeing more.

6. WendyW.

WendyW. Well-Known Member

They have been all over my yard the past few days. We've had temps in the 70's. Just had a cold front push through last night though and now we're back to 49. High is supposed to be 39 tomorrow. Crazy!!! I just had the air on yesterday. We'll need the heater tonight.