Homesteading Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Realist
2,772 Posts
This is a couple miles down the road from the house.

Reactions: Lisa in WA

·
Registered
30 Posts
On our travels around the country we have often consulted roadsideamerica.com to see what a small detour could provide in the way of entertainment. The King of Catfish and world's largest spur in Lampasas, Texas and the largest fork in the US in Creede, Colorado. Somewhere out west, where two 2 lane highways intersect, there are thousands of hats hung on the barbed wire fences. One thing I've never been able to find again and don't remember where it is, a two lane highway out west where someone on the road crew was using tar to fill cracks and got artistic. There are miles of all manner of tar drawings on the road, very good drawings.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
We just stopped at the General George Armstrong Custer museum in New Rumley, OH

The museum is in what used to be a church.

·
Registered
11,752 Posts
Half way between Atlanta GA and Chattanooga Tenn. is Bartow County. It's got Tellus Science Museum, recently rated 3rd best in the country, along with the Booth Western Art Museum, a Smithsonian Affiliate. Pettit Creek Farm has Georgia's largest camel herd. Pack a picnic lunch and visit the Etowah Archaeological Museum and the Etowah Mounds. Go downtown Cartersville and see the worlds first outdoor painted wall for Coca Cola along with their 100 year old (in the process of being restored) Main Street buildings. 2 movies have recently shot in parts of that area. Lots of hiking and camping also. I sound like a tour director - who knew that this sleepy area would have such treasures when I moved here....

21 - 24 of 24 Posts