RFID ink

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Pink_Carnation, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Pink_Carnation

Pink_Carnation Well-Known Member

I really wish they would quit trying to come up with so many ways to track us and animals.

http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=196802844

Invisible RFID Ink Safe For Cattle And People, Company Says

The process developed by Somark involves a geometric array of micro-needles and an ink capsule, which is used to 'tattoo' an animal. The ink can be detected from 4 feet away.

2. botebum

botebum Up the Creek

When I get ink injected into my skin and produce an image, I will choose the artwork and call it a tattoo. When the government decides to inject ink into my body or the body of my animal, I will call it an attack on my Constitutional Rights and will fight to the death.
    All this crap about animal id and such is crap. Poke your copy of the Constitution out the window and yell !@#$ - YOU! Nobody, and I mean Nobody scews with my rights! When the government is dirty, call them dirty. When they're criminals, call them criminals. GWB can kiss my American Ass!

Doug

3. arabian knight

arabian knight Miniature Horse lover Supporter

Oh for Pete's sake. This is NOTHING more then a HIGH TECH way of branding cattle. man ol live I swear some people.................... And so what if that BRAND incudes some ID number mosat ALL cattle have Ear Tags numbers on them geshhhhhhhhhh

4. mamajohnson

mamajohnson Knitting Rocks! Supporter

Well, Arabian, we all know that you LOVE the ID system, and cannot wait to get all your stock (and yourself?) tagged, tracked,,,, etc..
    or perhaps you already have?

Some of us want no part of it! and the constitution SHOULD gaurantee us the right NOT to be part of it.
    pink carnation & botebum, there are several groups working to stop this insanity, stop by one of them and help us out!

5. arabian knight

arabian knight Miniature Horse lover Supporter

Well yes my place is on the Premises ID program been on it now for over a year now. gee my life has not changed a bit since I was placed on the GPS Sat's I don't go out in the AM and look behind every tree to see if "somebody is watching" gesh. You all must have to look behind every rock. around every tree and up in the sky to see if there are in Black Helicopters spying on you. Must be heck living like that day in and day out. :rolleyes:
    I feel sorry for you people that live that way. :Bawling:

6. kasilofhome

kasilofhome Well-Known Member

For those so comfortable with IDing and tracking please feel free to PM me with your ss# number. You can trust me never to use such information unless I find a need for it. Please note that if I find a need I promise to inform you of such an event in a time frame that I feel is needed if I feel that you need to know that I found a reason to use such information.

Any takers?

7. highlands

highlands Well-Known Member

8. caberjim

caberjim Stableboy III

Well, I can see the advantage of this technology for cattle farmers. The redundency of the permanent tattoo plus the ability to use it as RFID is a very nice piece of work. The fact that this technology is being developed and exists is not an attack on anyone's constitutional rights. Really not any difference than ear tags, just a more modern version. I would wager that if NAIS was not an issue, no one would care.

Why is there this paranoid assumption/accusation that if someone is willing to register their premises or tag their livestock in order to continue to do business as a working farm, that they are willing to have themselves chipped? It's an absurd leap. People are capable of seeing the glaring difference and drawing a line.

9. DocM

DocM Well-Known Member

I've had a scrapies premise ID for 8 years. Most of my animals are registered stock and are either tagged, tattooed, or chipped. Somehow, I've come through it all with my constitutional rights intact and my paranoia at the same low-stress level.

10. Pony

Pony STILL not Alice Supporter

I don't see how anyone can feel that their rights are not violated when they have given over their personal information to an outside authority and subjected themselves to being entered into a national data base. Your compliance only makes it harder on the rest of us when Big Brother decides to make "compliance" mandatory.

Hello?

My personal information is MINE, not the government's. And frankly, there have been enough news stories to show that they are not all that great about keeping the info safe. Even if they DID protect it, IT'S NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS. PERIOD.

I'm with Kasilofhome. Anyone who has no issue with this, send me your info. I'll keep it nice and safe...

Dang. I'm put in mind of one of the three biggest lies in the world:

"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help..."

Pony!

11. RedHogs

RedHogs Well-Known Member

[
    How many men here were or are registered for the draft....and NAIS is unconstitutional ??? Every is screaming about rights in the modern america....our forefather were screaming about rights and responsibilities... read the declaration of independence.

12. kasilofhome

kasilofhome Well-Known Member

Would you believe that not one person has voluntered their personal information. Maybe if we apply more pressure on them they will give it up freely.
    Maybe any proNais person will not be able gain any more computer upgrades till they do. (sorta like no vet care till we "freely" give what is asked of us)

Those who are in favor of Nais are not losing their rights they give it away for free. Those against for the reason that it is interfering with our the American way of life will not give the milk away for free.

13. Pony

We weren't discussing the draft.

If, however, you want to start a thread on that, I am sure that there are many who will be happy to discuss the matter.

I recommend General Chat, though, not Homesteading Questions.

Pony!

14. botebum

botebum Up the Creek

"tatooing id system that is safe for humans" hmmm...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Naah, I think I'll pass.
    How's that old saying go about people who fail to learn from mistakes are bound to repeat them?

Doug

15. mamajohnson

mamajohnson Knitting Rocks! Supporter

Doug, that is exactly why we need to really really really look at this, and consider what the whole crux of the matter is.

And I agree... no thanx!

ps the pictures are heart wrenching, no matter how many times I have seen them

16. RedHogs

How do you get ID on livestock..... to people???? How does that process work???

17. Pony

Okay, so now we know that you did not even read the article, so anything you say after this point lacks credibility.

Pony!

18. RedHogs

I was not talking about the article...I was asking for clarificaion on your statement on post #10

I was curious as to how my actions of tagging animals was related to your comments....or the article if you wish. I responded in post #11 to your stmts on rights.

I read your posts and asked a question about the issue of a national database....I suggest that the draft was a likely and legal precedent that could be used as comparison. If discussion is your purpose i offer these counter points, or you can just continue with insults.

19. seedspreader

seedspreader AFKA ZealYouthGuy

You confuse us RH that's the problem... you say:
    And Pony says, you must not have read the article.

Didn't you read the article? The company says it's safe for PEOPLE. The people that brought it up are the ones who developed it.

20. Pony

I quote from the article:

"The ink also could be used to track and rescue soldiers, Pydynowski said.

"It could help identify friends or foes, prevent friendly fire, and help save soldiers' lives," he said. "It's a very scary proposition when you're dealing with humans, but with military personnel, we're talking about saving soldiers' lives and it may be something worthwhile." '

This was in response to your question:
    My remark was not intended as insult; I merely implied that if you'd read the article, you wouldn't have asked that particular question.

And now, I really must resist the urge to continue debating in this forum; as I mentioned before, this is for Homesteading Questions. If you'd like to continue it further, perhaps you could start a thread in Gen Chat.

Pony!