Rfd Tv

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by OD, Nov 15, 2004.

1. OD

OD Well-Known Member

Does anybody else like RFD TV? I love it!! My favorite programs are the old country music shows from the sixties & the horse & cattle auctions. And the horse shows & trainers. And the cooking shows. And Texas Country Reporter & Georgia Farm Monitor. I guess I just like nearly everything on it.
    Does anybody else watch it?

2. mightybooboo

mightybooboo Well-Known Member

I like the old equipment/classic tractor shows.
    BooBoo

3. Maura

Maura Well-Known Member Supporter

I like the horse training shows. I work two days a week, and the store has satelite, so that's when I watch the shows, but I'm often interupted by customers. I think it's a great thing

4. Little Quacker in OR

Little Quacker in OR Well-Known Member

:) We have talked about RFD-Tv before and I for one sure do love it!

It's a rare commodity.

LQ

5. kjerckie

kjerckie Well-Known Member

Make that a big yes from me! The only show that doesn't keep my attention are the trains and locomotives. I love old tractors and Ag shows. Enjoy cattle shows. Also enjoy the old time music shows. Steel guitar is my most favorite, and you don't hear that much with todays country. I'll be sending $ to support them soon. Gotta have a RFD hat :)

6. ChuckinVA

ChuckinVA Well-Known Member

I enjoy most of the programing. A little too much horse content for me but then I don't own horses so for others it might just be fine.I enjoy the old music shows( its hard to find a good polka band in this area :D ) and the old farm equipment parades. I like the ag reports as well. I've even see Va's own Jeff Ishe on there as well. I like to see what other states ag programs are like.

7. Ed in S. AL

Ed in S. AL Well-Known Member

I watch quite a few shows on it each day. I do wish they would have a few shows on poultry, swine and goat raising. Then it would be perfect.

8. primroselane

primroselane Well-Known Member

I'm watching Trains and Locomotives right now.

9. kjerckie

kjerckie Well-Known Member

10. Quint

Quint Well-Known Member

It's a pretty decent channel. I get a little tired of some of the horse programming but I realize they are pretty limited on finding material. They have a lot of time too fill and a small pool of material in which to draw from.

I'd like to see some homesteading and country living related programming on their channel. Maybe some stuff on rising chickens and other livestock. Something on basic farm skills perhaps such as fence mending, how to hook up PTO equipment, basic tractor use maybe, how to build a smokehouse.... things like that.

11. 3girls

3girls Well-Known Member

Sounds like my cup o' tea! Can anyone tell me what is RFD TV, and how to get it in suburban Philly?

Thanks,

Sandi

12. Ana Bluebird

Ana Bluebird Well-Known Member Supporter

Yes, we started receiving it this summer when DirectTV took over Pegasus. I too would like more general farming stuff with other animals featured, but maybe they are just getting going. My other favorite program station (I really don't watch much, but more in the winter) is WorldLINK TV. It's a public TV station out of California that features programs from all over the world, also foreign music, world news from other country's perspective, documentaries. It's web-site is: http://www.worldlinktv.org/

13. OD

OD Well-Known Member

It's a TV channel for country-loving people. We get it on Dish Satellite, but recently, Direct has started having it, too. It's kind of a PBS type channel.