Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
This is my life
3,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just got notice that the county is is considering rezoning us from RUD rural district to AP agricultural preservation. Does anyone have any experience with the pros and cons of this?

·
Registered
247 Posts
It could mean nothing. It also could mean a tax break. I would guess with a name like "preservation" it means restrictions for/about future development.

·
Premium Member
2,807 Posts
Since each county in every state has a "different" idea when it comes to re-zoning I'd go back to the county and get their definition of ______.

Although I'd agree the word "preservation" usually means more restriction than freedom..... as to land use.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Fin outthe definition an get a hard copy on it. My property is zoned Agricultural and you cannot divide it nor build another dwellin on it or even convert an existing buildin into a dwelling(we wanted to do this for my mum). The property cannot be developed in any way except AG.

·
Premium Member
41,030 Posts
Zoning is the process by which you grant your neighbors the right to tell you how to run your own business... I have seen how they run theirs already and I am not impressed! I am so glad I live in a county where there is no zoning. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts