Review of a nice place for sale in TN

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Kenneth in NC, Jun 4, 2004.

1. Kenneth in NC

Kenneth in NC Well-Known Member

We checked this place out and even though we couldn't come to terms the place is nice. It has 17.46 acres, 3-bed, 2-bth, modular home. It has a nice deck, and a garden spot that Mr. Hall said produced above his expectations. It has a second mobile home pad complete with well and septic up above the main home. The gentleman that owns it (Mr. HAll) has a right to be proud of his improvements. The home was as NEW. They will leave some furniture if the buyer wants them to. (hey this furniture looked like bought last week) And there is a small out building and dog lot already in place. There is a possibility of getting them to include the tractor and attachments in this deal.

They are asking $132,000 but that is negotiable.

MLS listing # 41071-03990
    It's in Hardeman County
    Map 050 Parcel 001.02

1705 Mitchell LN Bolivar TN 38008

Mr. Hall and his wife are moving to another state to take care of family. So there motivated to sell.

I WOULD NOT use Vandiver Realty although they are the listing agency. There are many other agents in the area I'm one would be willing to work with you on the property.

Hope this helps someone find their dream home and land.

Kenneth in NC

2. tim1253

tim1253 Well-Known Member

3. Cyngbaeld

Cyngbaeld In Remembrance Supporter

Just a question. If the listing realtor does not have the property on the mls how would you go about having another realtor show you the property? And I do think it is good advice to have your own realtor.

4. It is my understanding that any Realtor can access the MLS via the internet or through the MLS books they purchase monthly. In Kenneth in NC post above the MLS number is 41071-03990. I suppose you would have an agent look up that MLS number for you and then that agent would be working with you. I think that's how it works.

---jean

5. tim1253

tim1253 Well-Known Member

I have sold a house/property to an individual that was using a realtor and I was selling "For Sale by Owner." I simply negotiated a realtors fee with their realtor and made that part of the deal. Most realtors in my area are charging around 7% and it is standard practice for the listing agent to share that with the buyers realtor. That needs to be worked out early but it happens every day all over the country with property that is not MLS listed.

6. Hoop

Hoop Well-Known Member

My better half at one time had both her parents and her brother living in Saulsbury....approx 15 miles from Bolivar. We visited and stayed at a motel in Bolivar. The visit took place in 1997.

I was surprised at how similar the geography was to the forests of Northern Wisconsin. The geography was about the only thing similar.

My better halfs parents(retired) volunteered at the hospital (he is a lay minister) and also held literacy classes.

I was alarmed by the amount of violent crime in such a small town......as reported in the newspaper. One of the gas station/general store owners told me is wasn't safe to have a solo person working at the store in the evening.....the crackheads would rob them in a heartbeat.

My better halfs brother was nearly killed (shot in the neck) by some lowlife. He stated that there were people in the area that just didn't give a rats ass. Granted, the brother is the black sheep of the family, a no account bum, an alcoholic, and generally a lazy good for nothing whose only goal in life is acquiring/consuming his next 12 pack of cheap beer.

Taxes are incredibly cheap in the county and Hardeman county is the poorest county in Tennessee. I encountered some people that obviously dropped out of school in the 4th grade. Never in my life have I ever encountered such ignorant and uneducated people.

It was far too much culture shock for me.

There have been a lot of places I've visited that seem like pretty good places to live. Hardeman County Tennessee was not one of them.