review my website

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by rabbitgal, Oct 1, 2006.

1. rabbitgal

rabbitgal Ex-homesteader

2. Dink

Dink Well-Known Member

Its looking good.

3. MaggieJ

MaggieJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Really nice website, Rabbitgal! :)

I'm looking forward to checking out the Reading Room very soon... bit late tonight.

I am curious, though, about the picture on the homepage. The rabbit cradled in the two hands appears to be so young it does not yet have its eyes open, yet it seems very large compared to the hands that hold it. Care to explain?

4. rabbitgal

rabbitgal Ex-homesteader

That kit's sire was subjected to radiation exposure. :rolleyes: Actually, it was probably a combination of things: if I remember, his eyes were late to open and he may have also been from a smaller litter. That was one big kit.

Y'all just burned out my hourly data transfer limit, BTW. :p (Free websites, pshaw.) The site should be back online in a little less than an hour. :D

5. MaggieJ

MaggieJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Radiation exposure, eh? :eek: And here I thought you were givin' them steroids! :nono:

:rotfl:

6. rabbitgal

rabbitgal Ex-homesteader

:rollseyes: Oh yeah, that too. The Cal buck Sombrero has to take the cake for hugeness though: 5 lb. at 9.5 weeks. When he's fit, he's about 2 ounces over the upper weight limit. Fat, he's 10.5 pounds. :eek:

7. Willowynd

Willowynd Well-Known Member

Rabbitgal- if you want a website that does not have low transfer limits and you can have the ads on the page at the top or bottom- go to tripod. I have had my site there for several years now and gotten lots of traffic in a day (including me when I am changing things and hit refresh a bunch) and never ever has my site gone down. OTOH I find lots of Geo sites down often most of the time before I get past surfing 2 pages (like with yours tonight) and I hate those ads over the page content when I go to Geocities. Unless it is someone I know, I will close the page before putting up with the ads over content.
    What I did get to see of your page is very well put together. Wonderful job :)

8. rabbitgal

rabbitgal Ex-homesteader

Arggg...my site is big enough now that if someone visits, they can't even make it through every page on the site before they exceed the data transfer limit. Unfortunately, I'm on a tight budget. :( Thanks for the referral, Willowynd.

9. holleegee

holleegee Well-Known Member

Nice website and VERY nice rabbits!

10. Willowynd

Willowynd Well-Known Member

Tripod is free :)

11. Jennifer L.

Jennifer L. Well-Known Member Supporter

Very nice! I like the layout and the rabbits look nice, too. :)

Jennifer

12. rabbitgal

rabbitgal Ex-homesteader

LOL, you all need to GET some of my rabbits! Hey, did you see those awesome animals on this page: www.geocities.com/cremerabbits/saleslist.html? :D

Sorry Willowynd, I goofed...I did sincerely mean thank you for your referral, but also meant to say in a separate train of thought that I was on a tight budget. I think i should hide my keyboard after a certain hour...or else invest in some caffeine! :)

13. Honorine

Honorine Carpe Vinum Supporter

Actually RG I've been lusting after your Cremes for quite awhile, I think they would look mighty nice alongside my fawn Silvers, I'm very interested in rare and heirloom breeds. I have to get my rabbit situation straightened out though, I'm thinking that most of the mini-rex are going, I'm only going to keep a few flemish, and the harlequins are questionable too. Silvers aren't going anywhere! Maybe in the spring/summer when you have more litters I'll give you a shout. I think your website looks great!

14. rabbitgal

rabbitgal Ex-homesteader

LOL...I think there are Creme breeders a little closer to you, but I'd need to check.