Reusable canning lid brands

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by Joshie, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Joshie

Joshie Well-Known Member Supporter

I looked on the Tattler fb page and noticed that they were complaining about a competitor. I googled reusable canning lids but couldn't find another brand.

The whole idea of reusable lids makes me a bit nervous but it is interesting.

2. homemaid

homemaid Well-Known Member

Tattler Lids are great you won't be disappointed with them. I have never heard if any other reusable.

MullersLaneFarm likes this.

3. Ohio dreamer

Ohio dreamer 1/2 bubble off plumb

I saw that, too. Haven't seen or heard of the other brand. They might be starting small/regional. I have 100's of Tattler (just ordered more with the 25% sale) so I'm not about to jump ship now.

4. shelljo

shelljo Well-Known Member Supporter

I found the other brand on the web, but for the life of me, I can't remember their name! They are not made in the US, but look almost exactly like Tattler lids. I didn't pay much attention to their prices because I've got Tattlers and have no intention of buying lids from anyone else.

5. Becka03

Becka03 Lovin' my Fam Supporter

6. 4everrecap

4everrecap Guest

:rolleyes:Hi, friends!

Not here to peddle our goods, but we did notice the thread and wanted to make you aware of our product.

Please, for more information, visit us at http://www.4everrecap.com .

P.S. Becka03 has it right! From raw materials to finished goods, we are a 100% AMERICAN MADE brand and a woman owned small business! Crazy how misinformation has a way of spreading like wildfire! :rolleyes:

Becka03 likes this.
  7. viggie

viggie Single Urban Homesteader

I've been canning everything in Tattlers for a couple years now and am very happy with them them. I wouldn't be worried about reusable canning lids at all.

[​IMG]

pattycake and Sista Veganista like this.
  8. SJSFarm

SJSFarm Well-Known Member

4everrecap, welcome to the forum. Your website is good.

I, too, have already purchased the tattler lids. Can you let us know if your product can be used interchangeably with the tattler? I certainly don't have enough tattlers, but I also wouldn't "jump ship" unless I was absolutely certain that yours would work with tattlers (not having to be careful to pair the tattler rings with tattler lids and not 4everrecap ones).

If yours will with work with theirs AND not have a greater failure rate, it would encourage more customers.

9. 4everrecap

4everrecap Guest

SJS,

Let's see if we can make this make sense:

The gaskets that currently come with regular mouth lids will be too "snug" for Tattlers. For those wanting to convert all of their seals to the premium silicon seals, there will be gaskets available online that will be more "snug" to fit our regular mouth lids and ones that will be interchangeable between the two. Wide mouth seals should be interchangeable, with ease.

10. Farmer Willy

Farmer Willy Well-Known Member Supporter

I checked the site, didn't see the seals offered. I also have the wide mouth tattler lids and would be interested in silicon seals.

11. 4everrecap

4everrecap Guest

Farmer Willy,

We will be offering the seals separately shortly after March 10th. On March 10th, we have the Sustainable Preparedness Expo in Chattanooga, TN and we are going to launch some website improvements, different pricing structures, etc. at that time and figured the addition of the standalone seals made sense to lump in with that.

12. dcrichmond

dcrichmond Member

Will you be having a sale? I have tattler lids, but I would like to try yours.

Thanks

13. 4everrecap

4everrecap Guest

dcrichmond,

Currently, we don't foresee having a sale on our lids. That being said, we feel that we are extremely competitive in reference to like products. We will say, if you happen to be in the Chattanooga, TN area on March 10th, we will be having an expo special for the Sustainable Preparedness Expo we will be attending!

14. Becka03

Becka03 Lovin' my Fam Supporter

So - tattler come out to 1.13 each and yours come out to about .75 each-
    not bad at all- if I did my math right-

15. scwit

scwit Well-Known Member

I hope they will be in stock soon. I'd like to try them out.

16. Farmer Willy

Farmer Willy Well-Known Member Supporter

I checked, didn't see the rings being sold separately yet.