return of pet!

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by ceresone, Oct 10, 2006.

1. ceresone

ceresone Well-Known Member Supporter

While we were cutting wood in our timber Saturday, a boxer (dog)just appeared! she was scared of us, but in about a hour, she came up to us and wanted a drink. hubby and son wanted us to leave her, but knowing how coyotes have been killing dogs in our area, i was relieved when she came to the house with us. she had a rabies tag, but the numbers had worn badly, i tried tracing these, but to no avail. -called in on air radio station, and got a call in a few minutes, gentleman thought it might belong to his SIL. i was vauge on description of dog on radio, cause i wanted ONLY the owner to identify her. shortly i got a call from a lady 50 miles away, that had lost a dog in this area.to make a short version, last night (monday)she went home--riding in the front seat, next to her owner, while the wife sat in back!! :p some stories have happy endings--

2. MarleneS

MarleneS Well-Known Member

I just love stories like that with really happy endings :) Thank you for looking out for the boxer :)

Hugs
    marlene

3. bgak47

bgak47 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the good news! There's not enough of it around!

4. GrannyG

GrannyG Well-Known Member

I love a Happy Ending !

5. MaineFarmMom

MaineFarmMom Columnist, Feature Writer

Awwwwwwww. Goosebumps! I love stories like this! I'd be devestated if my pups got lost.

6. LuckyGRanch

LuckyGRanch Well-Known Member

So sweet...you were her 2 legged guardian angel!

7. mightybooboo

mightybooboo Well-Known Member

Well done! :bow:

BooBoo

8. hunter63

hunter63 Well-Known Member

Congrats, I would have and have done the same thing.
    Fur kids are people too.

9. bubbba

bubbba Well-Known Member

Thats gonna be good for the karma :)
    I would hate to lose a pet like that you did a good thing.

Peace

10. harrisjnet

harrisjnet Okie with Attitude

We used to have a Norwegian Elk Hound. We moved her from Oklahoma to Colorado with us. When we had been ther for over a year, someone stole her from us. She was 9 yrs old at the time. We searched and search and put up reward posters. Nothing. Three yrs later and 50 miles away, we found her in the humane society shelter. We ended up having to adopt her, but she got to come home. She moved back to Oklahoma with us and died at the ripe old age of 14. We got her out of the shelter right before Christmas. Both of my Kids will say that was the most special Christmas Ever!!!

11. ajharris

ajharris Amanda

That was my best Christmas present ever. Thanks Mom.

12. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

I saw somewhere yesterday about a parrot that got loose in Virginia or there abouts, and some one on Long Island NY foound it. That's the first time I have seen a pet bird being found after 5 or 6 days.

13. Shepherd

Shepherd Well-Known Member

Such good news! I wish you would have elaborated on the reunion... I would love to know how that went. How long had she been lost? Was she starving? Poor thing.

Thanks for helping to save her!

14. bgak47

bgak47 Well-Known Member

My friends found a parrot flying around. They coaxed it into the house & kept it for 8 months. Then they saw a notice on a grocery store message board about a missing parrot that did certain tricks. It was obvious that their foster parrot belonged to these other folks. When the bird was reunited with it's original owners it began immediatly to talk & do it's tricks. It had performed some of it's tricks for my friends, but it had never talked. It was a happy reunion! :)