Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried unsuccessfully to log in so I'm here as a guest. Our Boer goat just had triplets yesterday afternoon, but the one male died. We did not witness the birth so I do not know if the most of the afterbirth came out, but there is still stuff hanging out of her. It now reaches the ground and is about an inch wide. The babies are eating fine, but the flies are driving the mom wild. The one vet out here that used to see goats no longer does. What do I do. Our vet book says not to pull on it and to call a vet after 14 hours. It's now been close to 24 hours. I need help!

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Lt. Wombat said:
10cc Pitocin is what we use for retained anything[/QUOTE

I would call a vet out. I get worried easy I guess, but IF it has been 24 hours, you need a vet. He will have to give shots, and some antibotic. the last thing you want is an infection in the womb!!!!!!!!!
glad to hear that the remaining babies are doing fine, I am sorry you lost one. But some times these things can't be helped.
It is hot now, and flys are out, I would get a vet to see her soon. like now. I wouldn't take any chances.
hope this helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts