repo mobile homes, auctions Texas

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by calico, May 14, 2005.

1. calico

calico Member

I'm selling my house and downsizing while attending college full time, and I've looked on the net but find mostly sites that want to charge you. I'm looking for a nearly new, used mobile home to be moved in the N. E. Tex area. Could someone direct me to a site where I can find where they auction off the repo's cause I know there out there cause they sell them to anybody with bad credit and then repo them like crazy. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Calico

2. SweetTater

SweetTater Texas

3. Wolf mom

Wolf mom Well-Known Member

I bought a repo. Great way to save $$. You can call Cavco, etc. to find out where the repo's are being sold in your area. Sometimes you can get them through mortgage companies too, as they are the companies that have forclosed on them. Countrywide Mtg Co. finances a lot of mobile homes. Remember, if you're in the west and you buy one in the east, you have to pay shipping charges. Repo's are advertized a lot in smaller papers in smaller towns. Hope this gives you some options. :)

4. fordy

fordy Well-Known Member

..............You might also consider looking at mobile(s) that are still situated on small parcels like 1 to 5 acres with well and septic in residence . This would seem to me to be a much more viable situation that just buying a mobile that will require a rather pricey setup fee . fordy.. :)

5. Ken Scharabok

Ken Scharabok In Remembrance

Do not, repeat do not, buy a used mobile home without thoroughly inspecting it from front to back and top to bottom. They are delicate to begin with and it is amazing the damage people who don't give a hoot, since they are going to lose it anyway, can do. When I was looking for one myelf on most I walked out faster than I walked in.

Ken Scharabok

6. Hank - Narita

Hank - Narita Well-Known Member

Don't buy a mobile home. Especially not Cavco; pure junk. As the man who owns one.

7. Ed in S. AL

Ed in S. AL Well-Known Member

Most of the repos are probably sitting on the dealer lots, or are still sitting where they put them for the people who bought them. We purchased a repo, and were pretty dang happy with it. Saved about $16,000 on it from the price of a new one.

8. calico

calico Member

Thanks for all the advice, I need one to be moved because I'm moving to a certain area to be near family and have some help with babysitting for my daughter while I"m in school. I'm not fond of mobile homes per say and it will just be temporary 3-5 yrs till I get finished with college, I need to be able to pay cash so I can live debt free once again, I've researched a lot of options and this seems to be the best one for me, yes I plan on getting a friend to inspect one for me when I find one. I've bought two in my life and done pretty well with them, we made $ off both of them in the end. I'd love to find a place already with septic and such but they are rare where I'm moving, I'm still working on finding a place to put the trailor, IMHO, I could pay $20,000.00 in rent in 3 yrs or I can spend that amt on a mobile home and at least still have a roof over my head at the end of that 3 yrs!
    Calico