Replacing A/C.

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by oz in SC, May 25, 2005.

1. oz in SC

oz in SC Well-Known Member

We just had a guy come out and give us a quote for replacing our package unit A/C and it is about $5300...

Now I was just online looking and can buy the same brand unit with the same specs(actually a 12 SEER instead of 10 SEER) for about $1900 delivered....

This is a 3 ton unit but I unsure the difference between a heat pump and electric heat or heat strips... :confused:

From another quote we recieved to have it replaced it listed a unit equipped with a heat pump....

So what is up?

2. 2story

2story Well-Known Member

a heat pump delivers heat @ a 1/3 of the cost of straight electric. Straight electric is just a big toaster, added to the unit, costs about 150, a heat pump adds about 700 to the cost, so once agian pay me now or pay me later, straight electric is cheaper up front, but you will know it is there on your utility bill, a heat pump is cheaper to run. Internet sales are not under warranty the same as product's sold through a dealer, this is what i have been told. I buy wholesale, mark up 20% and my prices are still better then the internet "deals".
    get several prices

3. agmantoo

agmantoo agmantoo Supporter

You are totally correct about internet sales warranty. I recently bought a Goodman heatpump thru a local wholesaler and the warrranty card stated that internet sales were not covered by the warranty. This info straight from Goodman.