Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friends of ours bought a place in the country that came with a small horse (previous owners couldn't take him with them). Since our friends don't ride and their twins are only 18 months, and our foster son is horse crazy, they let us 'borrow' the horse indefinitely.

Here's some pics of the two of them:

·
Registered
10,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I called him a pony also and was corrected!

Don't POAs have a dished head like an Arab?? I think the mottled-ness is his coat color and not his skin. I still want to measure him to see just how tall he is

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'd say pony, and a fine looking critter too! And what a happy fellow on it! Maybe this will be "the" thing that helps him find his way, along with all of your love and support! Something that loves and needs him might just be the ticket! Good luck!

·
Registered
10,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So, is the only difference between a horse & pony is the height?? (better trot over to the equine forum -- get it? trot/equine?? - well, that was kind of like a joke :) )

Yes, we know that Dan will outgrow Billy quickly. But he'll have great fun with him until then. The boy and horse (pony) are about the same age. (13 almost 14)

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I want one of those teeny little horses for our PDD son. He is fascinated with horses. But, alas, Dh says they are called hayburners for a reason and as long as he has a tractory and gasoline he'll never walk behind a horse again. :Bawling:

I'm praying he changes his mind!

In the meantime - I hope your rental son absolutely LOVES his rental horse. Way to go, Mom!

·
Enjoying Polish Rabbits
1,219 Posts
That boy looks about ready to burst with joy - being very careful not to show too much, though.

Congradulations.

Umm, I'd start looking around now (maybe get him 'saving up'?) for the replacement for when he outgrows it!!

·
Banned
21,971 Posts
MullersLaneFarm said:
I called him a pony also and was corrected!

Don't POAs have a dished head like an Arab?? I think the mottled-ness is his coat color and not his skin. I still want to measure him to see just how tall he is
I agree with FiddleKat; he does look like a POA. No, they don't always have dished faces. And I would say he is definitely a pony unless your son is a giant. He looks ponyish in the face as well. They look like a great pair and he is a stout pony...they should do fine for a good while.

Here is my daughter with her 13H POA, TippyCanoe:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.