Removing Paint from Carpet

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by FiddleKat, Jan 17, 2007.

1. FiddleKat

FiddleKat Mother,Artist, Author Supporter

Last night when I was working on one of my paintings I ended up dropping a cap full of black paint. Acrylic craft paint I may add.
    Now I got a black blotch on blue carpet. Eventually when we have extra cash I wouldn't mind getting new carpet.
    But anyone have any suggestions on getting it out, or at least lightening it up?THANKS!

http://www.katandthefiddle.faithweb.com/photo3_1.html
    If you would like to view the piece Im working on, here it is.

2. largentdepoche

largentdepoche Well-Known Member

I've read about using alittle paint thinner but I haven't tried it so I can't recommend that one at all.

When I used to get acrylic paints on the carpet I'd rub in some of that Oxyclean stuff or just plain old soap. I'd use a dry towel to rub onit and it would absorb most of the paint. The stains were sadly still there but much less noticeable though.

Beautiful picture by the way! :)

Kat

3. FiddleKat

Ill have to try it. I spilled it last night so Im sure its pretty well dried in by now. If all else fails I guess Ill just have to put a floor plant over it.

4. wyld thang

wyld thang God Smacked Jesus Freak Supporter

Turtle Island/Yelm, WA "Land of the Dancing Spirit
    You can cut a square of carpet from a place where the sun don't shine(closet or under the bed)and cut the saem exact square out where the stain is. switch them, make sure you make your square align with the grain of the carpet.

5. via media

via media Tub-thumper

Paint the carpet!!

/VM

6. Spotted Crow

Spotted Crow Well-Known Member

If it's dry wouldn't it flake off? Acrylics can do that sometimes. I love the new painting with the sunset background and the trees. Awesome!

7. FiddleKat

They actually had an episode of that on HGTV. They painted the carpet with some special carpet paint. I thought it would come out horrible, stiff and hard. But it actually came out looking nice!

And thanks Kat and SC!!

I should have a new pic posted tomorrow with some more trees and a couple of cows in it.