Remembering Ol' Hoot

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by sancraft, Dec 12, 2006.

1. sancraft

sancraft Well-Known Member

This is our first Christmas without Hoot. He's been on my mind a lot lately. I know he's looking down on us from Heaven. I hope to make him proud.

2. jen74145

jen74145 Well-Known Member Supporter

3. MullersLaneFarm

MullersLaneFarm Well-Known Member

heard an owl the other week - smiled & thought of Ol' Hoot & his poetic words that never failed to inspire me to be just a little bit better.

4. NCGirl

NCGirl Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, I didn't realize. When did he leave us?

5. COUNTRY WISHES

COUNTRY WISHES Well-Known Member

I was not aware Hoot had passed. It must have happened while I was off-line for a while.

May God rest his soul.

6. Tracy Rimmer

Tracy Rimmer CF, Classroom & Books Mod Supporter

Old Hoot was a long-time poster who died this year. He was known for his unwavering faith, his stories, and his sense of humor. He's terribly, terribly missed.

I cry every time I think about him. A couple of years ago, I was going through a very rough time. I PM'd him, as a last resort (because I don't normally share situations like this with people on the net), and asked for his advice.

He helped me understand that sometimes we can be at cross-purposes with our faith, and we need to stop, stop listening to the "noise" and really listen to our hearts. He was incredibly strong in his faith, and a wonderful man, who was an inspiration to me.

I hope that his family knows how very much he meant to some of us here.

Tracy

7. 3ravens

3ravens on furlough-downsized Supporter

Jen, look him up on the member's list and read some of his posts. He was a homespun philosopher of the first magnitude......We all miss him. Merry Christmas ol Hoot!!! :angel:

8. wildhorse

wildhorse Well-Known Member

Indeed he is missed :Bawling: but I know he will have the best Christmas ever.

9. momlaffsalot

momlaffsalot Well-Known Member

How sweet of you to remember him, Sancraft. He sure was right with the Lord, wasn't he?

10. Ardie/WI

Ardie/WI Well-Known Member Supporter

Funny because he has been on my mind too lately. Oh, how I miss him! :Bawling:

But guess what!! Hoot is spending Christmas with Jesus this year!

There is a poem is about spending Christmas with Jesus. I think it was posted last christmas. It is so appropriate for those who have lost someone this past year.

11. renee o'neill

renee o'neill Well-Known Member

where is the post of his passing?

12. tinetine'sgoat

tinetine'sgoat Luvin' my family in MO

Last month I thought of him a lot, made me do a little Bible searchin'. I figured that he had done his job well if he could still make us want to look into God's word even after being gone. I agree with Ardie, this is the Christmas that Hoot had dreamed about he is listening to the angels sing praises to the King and delighting in His glory!! WELCOME HOME HOOT!

13. Paula

Paula Well-Known Member

Thanks for remembering, Sancraft, I miss him very much as well. :Bawling: :Bawling: :Bawling:

14. Jan in CO

Jan in CO Well-Known Member Supporter

OH, Sandra, I didn't know of his passing, either! Must have been when I was without a computer for a while, and missed it when I came back on line. He was quite a fella, that Hoot! He will be missed, but is with us always, in our thoughts and memories. Thanks for letting those of us know who didn't, and for remembering him today! Jan in Co

15. green5acres

green5acres Well-Known Member

I have savesd in my favorites all his posts, and from time to time I go in there to read them, He was such an insparation to me, I wish I had known him personally, He is missed very much. DEE

16. patnewmex

patnewmex Jane of all trades

When I first signed on to this forum, everything was strange, new and foreign, except the crystal clear voice of Hoot. The most basic, understandable, kind individual who could easily break down barriers and make folks understand.

He is missed.

17. Mr. Dot

Mr. Dot Well-Known Member

Nice post Tracy

18. Melissa

Melissa member

I miss him so much. He was the main inspiration for me when I started this forum. I made a promise to God that I would always give that man his voice and I surely hope that I lived up to that promise.

Just last week I was sorting books and found the booklet that Hoot made and sent to me of many of his stories. I looked through it a little but his death is still too new. It is overwhelming to think that he will never be back on here again. But I know a part of him will always be with us.

19. crashy

crashy chickaholic goddess

Shoot I didn't know that!!! I was wondering where he had been....I will forever miss his wit and good stories.