Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read almost everyday but never post! So I thought I would join in the fun finally! I live in the south of France on my little homestead. Well, I do have a couple of goats, chickens and a dog. Oh and let's not forget 7 children and a hubby!! Actually only have 4 kids at home now (18,17,11 and 6)

I get my kicks by making as much food and such from scratch. I've tried my hands at soapmaking and cheesemaking. I'm taking sewing lessons weekly. We have solar panels on our roof but sell the electricity to the electric company. It's great to send THEM a bill once a year. My hubby dreams of having an energy self sufficient home! He's looking into building a windmill...

I'm celebrating the big 50 on september 11th... It's a bummer having my birthday on that particular day but...

Hope to participate more often if you'll have me!

·
Premium Member
2,965 Posts
Good to hear from you, mama. I bet that is a hoot - to send a bill to the power company!

·
Premium Member
3,179 Posts
Welcome back!

I dream of being free from the electric company. Hubby isn't a handyman so we'll have to hire someone to install ours. Gotta get free of the mortgage first.

Sounds like you have your hands full. 50 was as bad as I thought it was going to be. I'm in my mid-fifties now and just trying to stay healthy as I get older.

Thanks for joining in!!!

·
Banned
1,123 Posts
I'm a new kid here, but with a few more trips around the sun than you. I am intrigued by the various life styles from the people here, certainly a member from France will only add to that. Nope, I didn't remember you. But, I will now.

Your command of English is impressive.

Welcome to the Family.

·
Registered
9,587 Posts
I read almost everyday but never post! So I thought I would join in the fun finally! I live in the south of France on my little homestead. Well, I do have a couple of goats, chickens and a dog. Oh and let's not forget 7 children and a hubby!! Actually only have 4 kids at home now (18,17,11 and 6)

I get my kicks by making as much food and such from scratch. I've tried my hands at soapmaking and cheesemaking. I'm taking sewing lessons weekly. We have solar panels on our roof but sell the electricity to the electric company. It's great to send THEM a bill once a year. My hubby dreams of having an energy self sufficient home! He's looking into building a windmill...

I'm celebrating the big 50 on september 11th... It's a bummer having my birthday on that particular day but...

Hope to participate more often if you'll have me!
................Welcome back ! I've read that property in France is very pricey compared to most regions of the USA . France is a beautiful country . , fordy

·
I calls em like I sees em
13,915 Posts
Thanks for joining in! Your English is excellent. I would love it if you shared some recipes, I'm sure others would too.

Reactions: fordy and BlueRose

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Welcome mamainfrance. What is the time difference? I am going to enjoy hearing about the way things are done in France. You will have a different perspective on things so we will learn new things and so will you.

I second the recipes.

·
Premium Member
15,981 Posts
I have a vague remembrance of someone in France. Welcome back.

·
Registered
528 Posts
You might know some of my relatives because my mom is from France. Last name is Libersa. I also have a lot cousins there/

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
You share the same birthday as my mother.

Good you decided to chime in. It's not everyday we hear from France! Please share your stories. I'd love to see pictures of your area.

:)

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Welcome aboard! France is one of my all time fav's! My BD is 7-14 ! Love the beach at Monaco ! Do you live close to there?

Wade

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome mamainfrance. What is the time difference? I am going to enjoy hearing about the way things are done in France. You will have a different perspective on things so we will learn new things and so will you.

I second the recipes.
There's a 6 hour time difference with your east coast. So when it's noon here at home it's 6 am for you!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm a new kid here, but with a few more trips around the sun than you. I am intrigued by the various life styles from the people here, certainly a member from France will only add to that. Nope, I didn't remember you. But, I will now.

Your command of English is impressive.

Welcome to the Family.
I speak english because I'm originally from Canada but have been living for 25 years in France. Of course I'm fluent in french as well!:happy:

·
Registered
551 Posts
Can't say I remember ya but I did just sign up today...lol...Welcome back!

Reactions: DamnearaFarm
1 - 17 of 17 Posts