Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...for lack of a better term.

I have been trying to figure out how to articulate the subject of this post.

Does anyone know of a site where you can go to find pier & beam type homes that are to be relocated and are for sale? I do not mean mobile homes, but actual frame homes/pier and beam homes.

I used to see these frequently in the "free" papers that had everything under the sun for sale in them. However, I rarely see them listed anywhere any more.

We are looking to find an older home that needs to be moved and needs some TLC.

Thanks.

Irv

·
agmantoo
10,852 Posts
Search for home movers within say a 20 mile radius of where you want the home to be located. The movers are often approached by the persons wanting to dispose of the home. It is far cheaper to give the home away than to hire it dismantled and the debris sent to the landfill. It cost $27/ton here in NC to put one in the landfill legally and a lot more if you are caught burying it.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Does anyone know of a site where you can go to find pier & beam type homes that are to be relocated and are for sale? I do not mean mobile homes, but actual frame homes/pier and beam homes.
That's what manufactured homes ARE. They're just built on a steel chassis so they can be transported. The newer models are built to a much higher standard then the sterotypical crappy old "mobile homes". Mine has taped/textured sheetrock walls, 2"x6" outer walls, etc! Very cozy and sturdy. (Sorry, I often get criticized by people who have this stigma against "mobile homes", when the only ones they've ever seen are the trashy trailer parks they've driven past at 60 mph...)

Having said that... have you tried Craigslist? Perhaps you can put a "wanted" ad on there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts