reliable goat breeders??

Discussion in 'Goats' started by SherrieC, Jun 1, 2005.

1. SherrieC

SherrieC Well-Known Member

I have had more than my share of trouble with goat breeders, over the years, Maybe we should have a Sticky of people we have dealt with that we found to be honest in our dealings with them. It wouldn't be nice or legal to list those Not to deal with. But it would be Fun :soap:

for instance people I have found Honest on this list:
    Vicki of Lonesome Doe- Texas
    Twin Reflections Nubians - Indiana

There are others who I think are honest, like formyacds, or Susanne, but I haven't actually bought or sold them any goats : )

So what do you think A sticky of Who to deal with?

2. hdiperna

hdiperna New Member

I think this is a good idea! I would only list the people that are great to deal with though. If we list someone as bad to deal with that might cause a huge argument and ruin the thread.

I have alpines and though I have not bought a goat from MunchinHill, I think that their stock is beautiful and Pat is great to answer questions!

Heidi

3. Emily Anne

Emily Anne Active Member

Well, not only breeders, I have had some people call me about goats and say they want one, give me a time and date they are coming over then never show up, not even call. (I have to learn the hard way about reserving goats)

4. Ellie5

Ellie5 Well-Known Member

What about the breeders who answer your questions-but fail to go into the undesireable details? In other words, if you don't ask for specific details, why should they tell?

Yes, Vicki was wonderful to me when I called her in a panic last week! She is a wealth of information! I'm sure others are great to deal with, too, I just so happened to call Vicki because she was so kind to post her number for another user-she REALLY cared about what happened to my goats. Thanks again, Vicki!

5. All country

All country Well-Known Member

I think this would be a great idea. It could certainly help save someone the hassles I've recently experienced.

I think naming ones we've had problems with should be avoided unless specifically and privately asked about certain breeders.

6. PLPP

PLPP Boer Lover

Its a great Idea. I will probably not be on the list because you are all far from me. But it will help people.

I am putting a page on my site with test results on them so you can go to my site and look to see if the goat was tested.

That is my idea to help a bit.