Reintroduction:Anyone else from N. W. Ontario?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by moonwolf, Mar 13, 2005.

1. moonwolf

moonwolf Well-Known Member

Howdy all,
    Obviously by the number of posts I'm not new here. I think I came on board about last July or August sometime and I like this site. It's been very iinformatively interractive and friendly for the most part.
    I notice quite an increase in members and was wondering if anyone else is from Northwestern Ontario? I have met one or two from the board at a distance in northern or eastern Ontario.

Anyone else around the Rainy River Valley or other areas of N. Western Ontario?

Rich

2. Haggis

Haggis MacCurmudgeon

Ft. Francis is a little under 100 miles from us here in South Ontario. :haha:

A year or two back we drove from Thunder Bay to Ft. Francis. That is a lonely stretch of highway; not even the radio stations get that far out. Speakng of radio stations we really enjoy the French station. We don't to hear the language much down here; not many francophones in these parts. Next time Herself and I spend a night at La Place Rendezvous we try to give you a call.

3. moonwolf

moonwolf Well-Known Member

Hi Haggis,
    I listen to CBC 1 radio almost everday, that is the English version that comes out of Thunder Bay. I don't speak French myself. I guess you are in the area around the Giants Ridge Ski Hill? I went there some years ago as I like cross country skiing and they had a nice run off the top of the ski lift.
    I like the sparseness of population and the drive east, especially around Atikokan is pretty nice, but you gotta watch for the moose on the highway, eh?
    Once I almost plowed into a group of 3. Boy, woudln't that have been a mess. :eek: I also like the drive to Ely when I went before a few times. Well, maybe someday we'll connect. If I'm in that area again, I'll try and give you a call too. thanks.

Rich

4. Tracy Rimmer

Tracy Rimmer CF, Classroom & Books Mod Supporter

We're in Alberta -- have been in the West since 95, but came from southern Ontario -- my dad still lives in Muskoka, and we drive through your neck of the woods about once a year on visits. We've got the Travelodge in Thunder Bay on speed dial now, I think, considering the number of times we've stayed there over the last five years or so.

I love the Rainy River area... very pretty, especially in the early mornings.

Tracy