Registration papers never received

Discussion in 'Sheep' started by CountryFried, Feb 14, 2004.

1. CountryFried

CountryFried Well-Known Member

2. mawalla

mawalla Well-Known Member

If it were me, I'd first contact the man that I bought them from and question him. I would call him and follow up the call with a certified letter. I would also call the breed association knowing that they probably can't/won't be able to do anything for me but they might be able to give me some advice. If after contacting the seller I still did not get my papers I would then contact my lawyer if a significant amount of money was at stake. If not, I'd chaulk it up to a learning experiance. But, I would probably cuss a lot, stomp my feet, and say really ugly things about the guy who cheated me!

I've always received papers on my livestock at the time of the sale. The seller signs the transfer and I send the papers and the fees in myself. It sounds like your dad may have gotten rooked, sad to say.

I hope things get staightened out.

3. CountryFried

Thanks for the info, at least that gives me an idea of where to go next. I wondered about the fact that he should've got papers at the time of transfer.

4. tim1253

tim1253 Well-Known Member

Countryfried,

I really hate the fact that your dad has been treated in this manner. I have met your dad and saw the sheep and I could tell that both are quality.

You and/or your dad should contact the Icelandic sheep organization ASAP and let them know what has happened: http://www.isbona.com/

In my book, and from my experience, registered sheep without registration papers are worth not a penny more than commercial sheep. This fine old gentleman has been robbed and there is no nice way to put it!

Tim Clark
    Knoxville, TN

5. tim1253

tim1253 Well-Known Member

I just got an email reply to a gentleman in KY who sold the sheep to Countryfried's father and I now realize that he has been in contact with him even this morning. He has stated that there are extenuating circumstances that none of us know which certainly could be the case. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt at this point!!

Tim
    Knoxville

6. mawalla

There usually is more than one side to all stories. I hope that these people can solve their problems in a manner that is fair and equitable to all sides. Maybe you could help them, Tim. Sometimes an impartial third party is need to resolve problems like these.

7. CountryFried

8. Ok, I'm not understanding this at all. You don't want to talk to the person involved? How else would you resolve a situation? Seems to me that would be the place to start, especially if they are holding the papers.

In the case of Icelandic sheep which you have been advertising, papers are not handed over at time of sale because they are registered through the Canadian Livestock organization and they are notoriously slow in getting papers done. If the people that this man bought the sheep from didn't transfer the papers to him, then there would be a hold up to begin with. Also, since CLRC takes such a long time, then the transfer would have to be done WELL in advance. If payment is being made when the sheep are being delivered (we have always had to go pick up our sheep so you were lucky), then that would mean the sheep would be owned by someone even before payment was received. I wouldn't do it.

And yes, there is always more than one side to a situation. One person views things one way, and another person views it another. There are situations that are out of control of each of us at one point or another. People here ARE giving you a straight forward answer. The thing to do is contact the person who has the papers first and try to work through it with them. It seems odd that if the person who IS involved contacted you, that you would not want to hear from them. They are the ONLY one who can do anything about this. The other question is how upset your father is about this....since he bought the sheep, is he upset at all? If you start naming names without proper information, you set yourself up for slander charges.

QUOTE=CountryFried]Seems like a third party is NOT needed in this situation ! More than one side to all stories?? This seems like a straight forward question to me. Are you mawalla " THE " people in KY , refered to in my question??
    Sounds like a pretty staight forward question to me. Has anyone ever had a situation like this?? That was the question.
    Funny, but no names have been named YET. Sounds like someone must've gotten their nose into something that didn't involve them. I never asked for anyone to email me that was personally involved in this. BUT , if you're reading ,I'm not interested in hearing from you..AGAIN.
    Repeat.....this is for people who have gone through THIS situation. Tim HAS personally met my dad, and he is entitled to HIS opinion.[/QUOTE]

9. CountryFried

10. CountryFried

11. Ross

Ross Moderator Staff Member Supporter

I will remind everyone that this board is a public board for the discusion of sheep related issues and not matters of specific contractual obligations. I will ask that everyone involved keep their posts here civil and on topic. If you want to use the HT site to comunicate between members use the Private Message feature. If you are receiving unwanted Email or PMs through this site inform the site administrator or me. CountryFried has asked a perfectly acceptable question and it will be left open for replies of a general nature.

12. mawalla

Nope, ShephardSarah, I'm not from KY. I don't have Iclandic Sheep, only commercial ewes and registered Dorset rams. Countryfried, no need to get upset with my post suggesting an impartial third party. Impartial is the key word here. I still hope that your dad gets the papers on his sheep and that everyones bloodpressure goes down. Myself, I'm going to go have a sandwich.