registering nigerians

Discussion in 'Goats' started by DayBird, Sep 12, 2004.

1. DayBird

DayBird Big Bird

I've found some Nigerian Dwarfs. The lady is no longer a member of any goat club so she no longer registers her kids. She has 10 kids for sale now, unregistered for $50-$100 each. She mainly breeds for pets although she says that all of her breeding stock are registered and come from dairy herds. Can these kids be registered if she's not currently a club member? Can I register them if I become a member? Should I just pass on these and look for something else?

2. kathy H

kathy H kathyh

I dont know the answer but here is the phone # for the nigerian organization 817-790-8559 they could tell you. Also check with the american goat society.

3. Laura Workman

Laura Workman (formerly Laura Jensen) Supporter

If the parents are registered, you can most certainly register the kids. AGS (American Goat Society) http://www.americangoatsociety.com/ registers Nigerians. You don't even have to be a member, it's just a lot less expensive if you are. You will need to fill out registration paperwork and have the breeder (owner of the sire and dam) sign the paperwork. Then send it in with the appropriate fee and Voila! registered goats!