Regarding Miniatures

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Accola, Apr 12, 2005.

1. Accola

Accola New Member

Greetings all! I am new here and offering my hand to build good strong friendship.
    Please do tell me all about these beautiful Miniatures! They are my passion!
    Best Wishes!
    Accola.

2. Meg Z

Meg Z winding down

Hi, and welcome to the forum. You'll have to give us some more information, though. Miniature what? Goats? Horses? Cows? Corn? :p Let us know what information you need, and surely someone on here can help!

Meg

3. Terri

Terri Singletree & Weight Loss & Permaculture Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Perhaps you mean mineature horses?

I saw a wild roan stallion in town last spring. A front was moving in and the wind was INTENSE! He bucked, he crowhopped, he spun like a rodeo horse, and then he charged across the 2 acre pasture with his mares. His mane and tail were banners in the wind.

He was also just 3 feet tall.

4. BamaSuzy

BamaSuzy Well-Known Member

My goal is to eventually have a breeding pair of miniature horses and a breeding pair of miniature Dexter cattle....and eventually small herds of each to sell them for pets to people who would really care for them....but that is a BIG dream because most are so expensive right now!

I do have boar-nubian goats, Angora rabbits, all breeds of laying hens and an assortment of cats and dogs that are all loved, spoiled, and useful!

5. BamaSuzy

BamaSuzy Well-Known Member

Oh---and how did I leave off the Babydoll miniature sheep that I really really want for my spinning....

6. bergere

bergere Just living Life

The older I get, the more I like my miniature animals.

Have miniature horses, and a mini Jenny. Used to raise miniature sheep, and hope again in the future. Have Bantam chicks on order.
    If I could, would run a few miniature steers, too.

7. birdie_poo

birdie_poo Well-Known Member

I think I'm in the same boat...I think I like them because as we get older we shrinkn and still want to tower over everything :haha: :haha: :haha: !!

Seriously, I love tiny things, but practically, I have to have large because we eat large and it's easier to have a giant rabbit that a few smaller ones.

Once mine fly the coop, I will look into minis. Hubby wants a horse, I say no, so maybe this wil lbe the compromise???