Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
alias mullinaxclan
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bow season opens in little over 6 weeks here. My arrows need to be refletched and I dont want to go back to the place I used last year. How difficult is it to refletch them myself? Also, I've lost a nock off one and cant get a broadhead out of one. I like the arrows and the broadheads are ok but I am so dissappointed with the service I received at this archery range that I want to learn some of the stuff myself.

Glo

·
Registered
529 Posts
Google "arrow building" and learn to build your own from blank shafts and parts. I haven't "bought" an arrow in over 30 years. Not expensive to do. The cheap little JoJan fletching tool even does a good job.

·
swamper
1,040 Posts
If you want to do it really fast, go to Cabelas or Redhead and get the heat shrink fletchings. You slip them on and stick the fletching in hot water and they shrink tight. I haven't tried them yet but should work well since all the fletchings would be equally spaced. The easiest traditional fletching tool, and the most accurate, is the Arizona.

·
Hello, hello....is there anybody in there.....?
77,616 Posts
jross said:
If you want to do it really fast, go to Cabelas or Redhead and get the heat shrink fletchings. You slip them on and stick the fletching in hot water and they shrink tight. I haven't tried them yet but should work well since all the fletchings would be equally spaced. The easiest traditional fletching tool, and the most accurate, is the Arizona.
They would be equally spaced, but unless there is some sort of index marking, youd have to be VERY careful in how you lined them up with the nock, or all your arrows would be different.
The Arizona takes care of that for you

R

·
0 Posts
I've been rebuilding my arrows for years to save money and enjoying it has a hobby. It's great fun rebuilding your arrows in the hot dog days of summer while dreaming of opening day deer season. I get a lot of my supplies from 3 Rivers Archery. Web site is 3RiversArchery.com

Also, everyonce in a while I'll buy my arrows on Ebay. Right after Christmas season/hunting season you can buy a lot of used arrows very reasonable. Some will need new fletching, some knocks, some tips, some everything, and some you might just have to throw away.

I've recently (3 years ago) bought a feather chopper from 3 Rivers and now collect wild turkey feathers, chicken, crow, stork, and whatever else that have big feathers and do my own fletch making. That really saves you a lot of money.

Good luck, just give it a try.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts