Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some redbud tree seed pods to offer the first 25 who would like them ..

I am keeping it to 25 because of postage costs ..

I am not asking for return postage ....this is an offer for my friends here at HT ..

I will take requests until December 30 2014...

My redbud tree is about 8 years old and came up in my dear neighbors yard from a seed pod from other neighbors yard across the street ..

I can post a picture of my tree and the parent tree it came from (parent tree is about 20 years old ) ..

This variety of redbud does NOT grow to be huge ...

Mine is planted in my front yard over the sewer finger system with approval from my landlady and the water company (we asked them to be sure it wouldn't be a problem with the water pipes supplied by the city here at my half double )

If you would like some redbud seed pods please send me a PM with your name and address ..

There are at least 3 seeds per pod and I will send out 4 pods per envelope...

I will send them out no later than January 15 so they can be planted this next spring ...

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have answered all PM's to date ..
I have decided to send them out in late January or February in plenty of time to plant in spring ..
I still have plenty if anyone is interested ..

Terresa

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am in hopes to get them all mailed on the 20th of February but if I cant I will have them out by the last day of February ..
I am sorry for the delay and have no excuse really other than lack of planning ..

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Everyone who requested some of my redbud seeds will be getting them in the mail sometime next week ....I mailed them from my local post office at 2pm this afternoon!!!!
I am sorry it took so long weather and transportation arrangements were my problem...
I hope they sprout and grow for each of you as well as they have for me !!!

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
I received mine today as well. THANK YOU!!!!

Do you have a picture of the tree?

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm not sure of any special instructions .

The squirrels keep planting them for me and I just transplant the little trees until they get big enough to give away ..

So far over the last 7 or 8 years I have given away 4 trees to family and friends ..

I think the best thing would be to Google your area or planting Redbud tree pods/seeds ...

Sorry I am not any help with your question !

Glad they arrived !!!

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I continue to have issues getting to view this site..... so it is hit or miss when I visit and also when I can view and answer PM's

GrandmotherBear I did get your amended address and will be sending out pods ....
Am recovering from a foot injury and unable to get to the PO for a few days ..

I do still have some pods left for those asking above ...
PM me your address and be patient as far as an answer ...

Thank You !!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts