red wattle pigs?

Discussion in 'Pigs' started by cricket, Jun 26, 2005.

1. cricket

cricket Well-Known Member

Has anyone ever heard of such or know of anyone that has them? I'm interested in getting a breeding set...How well would they do in the deep south?

2. tyusclan

tyusclan Well-Known Member

Yes, I've heard of them but don't know of anyone who has them now. The Animal Research Foundation used to register them when Mr. Tom was still alive but since his death they're pretty much a dog registry now. You might try contacting them. They might know of an old breeder who still has them.

There used to be quite a few in South Texas so they'll do fine in the South.

I'm gonna try to get the web site right, but if it isn't just do a search for it. Try www.stodghillsarfregistry.com.

3. cricket

That was the correct address and I sent them an email. It's very frustrating looking for these pigs. I can find all kinds of info and places where the meat is sold but not one farm or ranch or contact. :grump: Oh well...I'll keep looking. Thanks for the help. Hopefully someone on the board has them or knows where I can get them too. I'll explore any avenue.

4. tyusclan

tyusclan Well-Known Member

5. Tarot Farm

Tarot Farm Well-Known Member

There used to be some of them show up at the livestock auction near me. but since the state got so strict on the hogs I have not seen any this past year.
    I am in Illinois.

There was someone in Arkansas who raised them and usually had a few for sale.
    I will see if I can find his name and address for you.

6. Tarot Farm

Tarot Farm Well-Known Member

Sorry, but the DH said it was not in Arkansas, it is in Tennessse.

Here is the information:

Danny & Wanda Lindsey
    1507 Crooked Hill Road
    Pulaski, Tennessee, 38478
    [931]-424-0209
    General Information: lindsey@surfmore.net

7. cricket

Thought I would let everyone know that I have located red wattle pigs. If you are interested, please pm or email me at skippyera@yahoo.com . I understand this man has a large herd and has breeder stock for sale.