1. I'm told I need a nursery licence to receive a wholesale cat. from a co. that sells to the trade.What kind of red tape is involved in this and how about cost?

Jeff

2. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    What state are you in? Each may be different. Can you get a parallel business order it for you? Such as a feed store or similar?

3. Moopups ,
    A parallel business.Why did'nt I think of that!Thank you

Jeff

4. Daryll in NW FLA

Daryll in NW FLA Well-Known Member

Hi Jeff,In Florida a nursery lisc. is $25.00 and well worth the money. Some of the best advice I ever got was from the inspector- as far as shipping, fertilizer, pests etc. Of course I live in a rural county in North Fla, many times I've called him with a question and he's said hey I'll be in the area in the morning I'll stop bye-great advice and a lot of tricks of the trade,short cuts through the red tape for mailing plants overseas, he is on my Christmas card list! Get caught one time mailing plants with out a lisc. and your in big trouble and the lisc is good for discounts almost everywhere. Even at the feed store! Take care ,Daryll in NW FLA

5. Daryll
    What role does the inspector play.If I were to just be doing land scape jobs would I have to have the plants inspected?To get the lisc. do they come inspect my green house?Is there a test?Nothing to hide just wondering how it all works.
    Thankyou
    Jeff

6. Daryll in NW FLA

Daryll in NW FLA Well-Known Member

Hi Jeff, Here they come out once a year and check for pests and such, answer any questions I might have and let me know of any new problems in the area. Once you're inspected that's it for the year unless you call for help. For your landscape plants any you don't grow yourself should be bought from a lisc. nursery to insure you don't introduce new pests to your landscape job. For good info type your "state" and "nursery" into google,should be able to find out everything you want to know. Daryll in NW FLA