Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Below are some pictures of my gardeny gadgets. They will go in and on the ground today.
Now I hope to get busy on the scarecrow which I plan to embellish in bright red flannel!

The stool from an broken old chair-

The new toolbox-

And the stack of stakes to go with it!

·
Premium Member
5,001 Posts
I love the little stakes you made for the rows. I hate to mention it, but the editor in me wanted to tell you that zucchini is spelled with two "c's".

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh no! lol I just knew I should have grabbed my Better Homes and Gardens- garden book for reference!!!

Oh well, looking on the bright side, DH says that the vegetables don't care how "cute" the garden looks. I'm pretty sure that they won't care how their names are spelled either!

·
Premium Member
5,001 Posts
If anyone asks, you can always say that it was intentional, that you have always believed zucchini should really be spelled zuchini :)

·
Country Girl
4,306 Posts
How did you write so neatly? Did you use a paint pen or free hand? Mine sure wouldn't look as nice! Your's are beautiful!!!

·
Keeping the Dream Alive
1,270 Posts
While twisting my head around to read all the vegetable names, I came across one that I just couldn't understand - then I found that I was trying to read 'parsnip' upside down.
I think that stool looks great .... Though your dog doesn't look as if he's too sure.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone!

COsunflower, I bought a paint pen in the crafts section at Walmart. I did it freehand. My dh was pretty impressed with my writing on the mailbox which made me feel very good!

WIHH, The garden looks adorable now! As soon as I log off, which is now, I'm going out there to say goodnight! lol

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Betho. I tend to go a little overboard sometimes, but it was alot of fun.

*edited to add that I'll hopefully be posting a picture of the garden and scarecrow later today. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts