Recycled Asphalt

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by wheelhorse, Oct 3, 2006.

1. wheelhorse

wheelhorse Active Member

I put down 2 truck loads on my driveway the final step is to put down calcium and water then roll it , except I think it might be better to do this in warm weather has anyone done this before

2. RedneckPete

RedneckPete Well-Known Member

A hot sunny day is best. You really need a big roller to get any benefit though. You should be looking for a ride on unit weighing at least 10,000 lbs.

Pete

3. littlebitfarm

littlebitfarm Scotties rule! Supporter

I did it. Didn't use any calcium, what is that supposed to do? I just ran my truck up and down the drive. That worked pretty well.

I also had a load dumped just outside my stall doors. Took away the mud and made it easy to clean up. I didn't even try to pack it down. The critters did that!

Kathie

4. wheelhorse

wheelhorse Active Member

Thanks for your interest I will rent a big roller it is really cheap if you get it for the weekend .
    The calcium triggers the asphalt and it is almost like a paved driveway when complete I know a guy who spray diesel fuel on it and it did the same thing when he was done rolling it you could have skate boarded on it
    ANYONE ELSE USE THIS IN THE COLD ?

5. james dilley

james dilley Well-Known Member Supporter

Never used it But I have seen Compacted Concrete put down, It is applied like Asphalt. Its great for drive ways and parking lots..