Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2 yearold bred Longhorn/Hereford heifer that seems to have rectal bleeding. I have just noted that her manure hassmears of blood on it , but not within it. Anyone have any ideas??? It seems like when she strains that a fine dripping of blood appears on her stool and from her rectum..... I appreciateany
HELP !!!!! EMAIL ME at LA[email protected]

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
The usual bloody stool problems are coccidosis and such things, but it is usually diarrhea, not something they have to strain to produce.

I could be very wrong, but I'd be interested in knowing what she is being fed. Cattle don't normally strain to poop and perhaps a feed adjustment to unconstipate her might be all she needs.

How far along is she?

Jena

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jena said:
The usual bloody stool problems are coccidosis and such things, but it is usually diarrhea, not something they have to strain to produce.

I could be very wrong, but I'd be interested in knowing what she is being fed. Cattle don't normally strain to poop and perhaps a feed adjustment to unconstipate her might be all she needs.

How far along is she?

Jena
She is on livestock pellets ( Livestock 12 , hay and pasture) Found out it was a bad case of worms from my vet. Treated her and all is well.. Thanks for your ideas though...

Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts