Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
39,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please turn the RECOMMENDED THREADS portion of the new software OFF.

It is EXTREMELY irritating in that it brings up EXTREMELY old posts and confuses new members.

·
Registered
504 Posts
That option is there for recommendations, unfortunately, it cannot be removed. You could always bookmark the index page so that when you come back to the site you won't view that page and it directs you to what you would like to see.

Thank you so much :)

~Carlee

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
That option is there for recommendations, unfortunately, it cannot be removed. You could always bookmark the index page so that when you come back to the site you won't view that page and it directs you to what you would like to see.

Thank you so much :)

~Carlee
Uhm, bull hockey.

·
39,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The recommendations appear below the last post in each thread. Setting a bookmark for an index page is not a fix at all and doesn’t address our complaint.

I agree with Hiro. You have folks on this board that know code, so making the claim that it cannot be changed is disingenuous.

Someone wrote that software. It can be changed.

·
Hello, hello....is there anybody in there.....?
78,911 Posts
That option is there for recommendations, unfortunately, it cannot be removed.

You could always bookmark the index page so that when you come back to the site you won't view that page and it directs you to what you would like to see.
It's on every page we see here
It's not on any other Xenforo site I've seen.

Reactions: RJ2019

·
39,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Exactamundo. The administration’s replies indicate that they are unfamiliar with their own software and what the consumer sees. Not good.

·
78,911 Posts
HomesteadingToday Announcements & Support
I do not like the recommended reading at the bottom. It is not very helpful.
At least 3 months of complaints, and still no resolution.

Hello, hello.....is there anybody in there?
Just nod if you can hear me.
Is there anyone at home???????????????

·
Registered
487 Posts
Admin doesn't want to fix the problem. They just want to pay lip service, pretend they are concerned with your ideas and input, then do nothing. Guess we're all going to have to just suffer through 20 year old zombie threads that folks resurrect unknowingly, because the dude who runs the site is interested in doing exactly nothing about it

·
78,911 Posts
Another forum I frequent is going to make the big changeover in 3 days.
They got the same form letter from Crickett about how she will be there to help.

They're going from vBulletin® to Xenforo, so it will be interesting to see how it goes.

Reactions: RJ2019
1 - 19 of 19 Posts