Recipe for large batch of jelly

Discussion in 'Market Gardens' started by midmogrower, Jan 5, 2007.

1. midmogrower

midmogrower Member

Anybody make value-added products to sell at your market? We are blessed or cursed, however you want to look at it, to live and farm along side a fairly busy hiway. We have our own farm market called J & T Country Store. I built a certified kitchen in the back of the store for my wife to can in. She can't keep up with the demand. We are looking for input and recipes for making larger batches of jelly, jams, salsa, ect. Right now she just makes everything one small batch at a time. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

2. dcross

dcross Well-Known Member Supporter

I've been watching this one myself, have lots of blackberry/raspberry juice in the freezer.

3. mommagoose_99

mommagoose_99 Well-Known Member

I can understand how time consuming it is for your wife, but don't you think the smaller batches taste better than the huge ones? It never fails that when I double the batch of jelly I screw somthing up and it doesn't taste as good. I say keep it small and quality up.'Just me
    Linda

4. chicamarun

chicamarun Well-Known Member

I agree with Linda on this one. I make Spaghetti Sauce and I have requests all the time for it - but I only can make 7 quart jars a day because of the time it takes. Doubled the recipe 1 time - and didn't taste as good.