Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My wife’s old homestead is a beautiful 23 acres overgrown farm that over looks a harbour. It is mostly overgrown but salvageable and I have some extra time, a 47 h.p. tractor and a few dollars for fuel and tractor maintenance.

My father and I often sat and talked for hours. Around 1990 I remembering him telling me “the economy and the world cannot possibly keep going the way it's going and you should be prepared by having a self sufficient farm and all you need is 10 to 20 acres. He said countries can’t keep spending more money then they could ever think of paying back and not end up in financial trouble so his advice was be prepared by being self sufficient. I wish he was still alive so I could tell him he was right but perhaps he is looking down on me and most happy I didn’t take his words with a grain of salt. Now in 2018, the grim reality of his words are in sight. Immature world leaders hold their hands on the nuke button, parts of the world has food shortages and most of the countries have debt burdens which surpasses their ability to ever pay it back.

So with no further ado lets turn our attention of the task of Rebuilding a Homestead.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts