Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
HT Wannabe
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DW and I are searching for our little slice of heaven. In this part of North-Central PA we are seeing land prices around $10,000 per acre. I'd like to buy some land significantly less expensive than that.

So who is seeing lots of 5-25 acres selling for $5000 an acre or less in their neck of the woods. Please bear in mind that I am talking about reasonable farm land, not PA mountain side here.

The less likely it is to suffer encroachment, the better.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Around us, there are several 5 to 7 acre lots that are going for about $3,000 to $3,500 an acre with county water, on land contract. They are mostly cleared, gently rolling lots, some with trees as well.

·
Registered
16,519 Posts
My mom has her farm for sale in Douglas Co Mo. It is listed with United Country, I think. She has 300+ acres but is willing to divide it up in 40 acre plots. Her land averages $1600 a acre. Aboaut 1/2 is trees and hills, but it was a dairy farm so there is about 1/2 in hay and grazing fields too. She will not just sell the fields and leave herself the treed parts though.

·
Premium Member
6,431 Posts
10,000. an acre is wayyyyy tooooo high. YIKES. usually the less expensive land is also where most people don't want to live.......no stores, very far to town, no jobs. if you can live really rural, then you will absolutely find land very cheap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts