Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
132 Posts
I wouldn't bother since you already expressed interest in making an offer you'll probably be the first person they contact if the deal falls through.

Reactions: Trainwrek

·
in memoriam
6,352 Posts
If you have serious interest in a property, even if it is under contract, you can make an Back-up Offer from anywhere. What was their reasoning? With no way of knowing how many others have expressed an interest, without submitting a Back-up Offer, you can only hope you will be contacted. I'd contact a different Realtor (I also happen to be one and am scratching my head...). The only scenario that comes to mind...Seller may not want a Back-up Offer.

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
A good realtor will contact you if they know you're interested in the property and the current contract falls thru for some reason. Mine did.

·
in memoriam
6,352 Posts
A good realtor will contact you if they know you're interested in the property and the current contract falls thru for some reason. Mine did.

Sure, if you are the ONLY one. The Listing Agent could have any number of people waiting to be contacted... He is dealing with a Selling Agent and a Listing Agent.

I tell every Buyer, I'd rather spend the time writing up a Back-up Offer to secure the Client is 2nd in line than keep checking to see if a property goes back on the market. When I am the Listing Broker, I don't hesitate to write up a Back-up Offer for my listings (unless it is a Short Sale, then I refer another Realtor as the Buyer's Agent).

·
Banned
292 Posts
If there's a long list of people waiting to make back up offers on this property then my advice is not to bother with it. They will be bidding the price up and you'll end up paying too much. Thats not a situation that you, as a buyer, want any part of.

Like what others have said, you showed interest in making an offer and if it falls through they should let you know.

·
Premium Member
25,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The barn is roughly 32 X 50. 10ft high walls. The car port in front of the bldg. is around 24 X 30. The bldg. behind it is twice as long as the carport. There is a brick small bldg. to the R of it. That could make a nice brooder house. It has a outside celler, and the other hip roofed bldg. in the pic.

·
Banned
132 Posts
How many acres? Tillable?

·
Registered
974 Posts
So what is wrong with the house in Nowata, though it looks like it is under contract too, same acreage, decent house, and almost $20,000 less, seems like a bonus.

·
Premium Member
25,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
SO IM TOLD, its not in as good a shape. No outbuildings, no celler, Im interested in it, but the one a Talala is my first choice. Ill jump on either IF one of them opens up again,.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts