? re value of gun?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Little Quacker in OR, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Little Quacker in OR

Little Quacker in OR Well-Known Member

Hi. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! I got to the east coast just in time for the Nor' Easter! What a fun time! LOL

I have a question 'bout a firearm I have here. I need drapes quite badly as I have none up at present and it's a bit chilly without them, and thought if I sold my Baretta 9 mm it would help me to pay for them. Any ideas about where I could search to get an idea of what I could sell it for? It belonged to my dh and he bought it new, never fired it. My son put about a dozen rounds through it to show me how and I've not fired it since. Has a nice little holster with it and I don't know what else...some ammo too etc.

Any advice appreciated...Happy Holidays everyone!

LQ

2. dagwood

dagwood Well-Known Member

Try to find a local Gun Club and let them know you are selling the gun. If you take it to a Gun Shop the Dealer will low-ball you on the price.

You might want to check with your local PD concerning not only the law concerning selling the weapon but also one of the LEO's might be interested in buying the gun from you at a fair price.

3. mtman

mtman Well-Known Member

do a serch on gun auctions youll see what they are going for

4. Macybaby

Macybaby I love South Dakota Supporter

Gunbroker.com and auctionarms.com are two I use. I would suggest registering, and then looking at completed auctions and see what they are actually selling for. You will see lots and lots of repeat listings at high prices that no one ever seems to pay.

Cathy

5. Boleyz

Boleyz Prognosticator, Artist

Sorry, it's nt there anymore...nevermind...

6. Fire-Man

Fire-Man Well-Known Member Supporter

Wish you were close to me---I would be interested. Gunbroker.com is a good site--you can also look in a Pawn Shop to see if they have one just like for sale-To get a Idea as to what to ask for it. Randy

7. Jolly

Jolly Well-Known Member

For antique firearms, Flayderman's Guide to Antique Firearms . For the newer stuff, Blue Book of Gun Values .

8. tallpaul

tallpaul Well-Known Member

if its like new 400.00 on up depending on the model and if its american or one made in itally I have bought and sold a couple at the 400.00 level... may be a bit higher. I would do what ya can to keep it... A drape can't defend you from an intruder and will depreciate greatly after you buy them. If the democraps have thier way it will be worth alot more before long. As far as the gunshop "lowballing you" they do have overhead and profit is not a dirty word. They would have to sellt he used for quite a bit below new or who would buy the used one without the warranty? Gander mountain will give 80 percent of the used guns retail based on condition. Not a bad way to get rid of it quick and safely seperating yourself from the next buyers use of it.

9. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member Supporter

I also second keeping it.

Why not hit some Goodwill stores for quilts and blankets to put over your windows until you can afford drapes. If you get 400 for the gun that won't go very far when buying drapes, unless they are the cheap store bought ones, and they won't be thick enough to keep out the cold.

With a dowl rod and an old blanket or quilt you can cover your windows and insulate them at the same time. Then save up for some good ones.