Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Animal Addict
12,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By now you should have been able to call the vet and see how she is this AM. If you posted somewhere else, I'm sorry (we had a lazy morning around here). Are you still looking at tomorrow to bring her home? Prayers and rooting for her like crazy.

·
Premium Member
24,573 Posts
She is doing well. The vet said she was a bit apprehensive when he went into her kennel this morning, but that's normal considering what she's been through. She quickly settled down and took her meds from his hand. There is still some bleeding from the wound, but he isn't concerned about it. The drain is still in and they are keeping her comfortable with pain meds.

·
Premium Member
4,549 Posts
So glad she is on the road to recovery. Please keep us posted. Our hearts are with you.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hoping for a speedy recovery for your friend.

·
Enter farm name here
1,645 Posts
I hope her home-coming goes well and her healing moves quickly once back at home with her family.

Please keep us updated with her progress... I'm pulling for her!

·
Registered
24,108 Posts
I have been thinking about her too...along with Ravenlost & Hubby. Hope all is as best as it can be for such a tragedy.

G

·
Hey Ravenlost...
I mostly lurk here & don't post much, but I've been reading your posts for the past 2 years now and I feel SO sorry for you.
I cried when I saw the original post. Showed it to my hubby & we've both been feeling so sad for you.
What a horrible way to lose him.

I hope you & your husband will get the justice that you deserve. You 2 are wonderful people, I can't believe this stuff had to happen to YOU.
Please give your remaining critters some extra hugs (I'm extra-fond of Maggie, the red skinny one) and take good care of yourself.
*hugs*

·
Premium Member
24,573 Posts
Thank you everyone. Brenna is doing okay. She's not eating much and isn't pooping which has me concerned. She goes back to the vet's Friday morning for a check-up and to get the drain out.

Hubby is on his way to the doctor. He's been in a lot of pain and didn't get any sleep last night. He thinks he has a hernia caused from hauling Brawn up out of the creek and over the levee. I'll know more in a little while.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Re. not pooping: Our vet told us that it wasn't unusual for it to take 3 days to get everything started up. Brenna spent a lot of time under anesthesia and didn't eat much for a few long days, so that's probably normal for her circumstances. Hope she keeps doing well and thanks for taking time to update!

·
Premium Member
24,573 Posts
I'll definitely mention it tomorrow at her check-up because she still isn't pooping. Her appetite was much better yesterday and she is getting around fine. She's chewing at the drain that's still in her leg and I'll be glad when it is taken out tomorrow.

·
Animal Addict
12,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry, I posted in your other thread this same info: agreed with the others about constipation being a side affect of pain meds. Maybe some oil in her food will get things moving along.

·
Premium Member
2,019 Posts
You could do the same thing they do for patients (human) that had surgery - just keep them moving!

A gentle walk a few times a day (on lead, so she doesn't over do it) and lots of water or gatoraide or pedilyte, and some yummy food should get her going!

My vet recommends canned dog food for dogs that "need" to go, just a thought. He said it never fails to work!

·
Premium Member
24,573 Posts
Vet checked Brenna yesterday for constipation and she's fine. Guess she's just "going" fast when we take her out!

She's very skittish when she's outside like she's afraid of something. Today she went out for all of two seconds I think.

She fell running across the stair landing today and hit her stump, making it ooze blood around a couple stitches. I gave her some Previcox and she's been in her favorite armchair all evening.

·
Canning Crazy
2,332 Posts
Aww..give her a good scritch for me and a hug for you. Any updates on the jerks who did it? Praying for you and your family here.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Ravenlost-- this is the first time I have seen what happened. I am so incredibly sorry that I just don't think there are words enough to say. You have been through so much and now this. I am going to keep you guys in prayer and also pray that the perps of this horrendous act will turn themselves in or get caught before they do it to someone elses pets. Please don't lose heart, though, you are such a decent person and most other people aren't like these ones. There is a very special place in hell just for them!!!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts