Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Knitting Rocks!
5,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my invite! I am now a member of Ravelry!!
same username as here - mamajohnson -

Now, I must go back and see what all I can find there!

:hobbyhors

Thnx to ya'll for giving me the link to it!

·
Knitting Rocks!
5,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:)
I guess I like addictions... have been on HT forever... lol!
ok, now,,, let me go see if I can figure out how to find you on there...

·
Fiber Arts forum Mod.
11,519 Posts
You have no idea how addicting it is. I'm off to friend you! What I did and still do is check in on my friends every so often to see what groups they are in. There are so many new groups that start each day it is hard to know them all. Have fun and if you need any help feel free to ask.

·
Registered
646 Posts
They must have been doing the invites today. I just joined, too. I'm AK-Homesteaders on Ravelry. I'll go back and look for the HT folks. It looks like a fun site. I'm definitely getting addicted to knitting. I'm finishing my third pair of felted mittens. Now all my boys have a pair. This is FUN!

Jenny

·
Plays with yarn
509 Posts
I'm SerenityGulch over there. :D

·
Registered
646 Posts
I'll go back there later today when I have more time, and then find you folks to get in my friends list. I've joined a few groups, but haven't had time to go through them. Looks like there are some great patterns there.

Jenny

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Hey, besides getting lost, Ravelry's a great tool... naturally, there are the patterns (and I regularly do a search for 'free' patterns, but you can keep up with all your knitting relatives and friends. Recently, a young lady who is very dear to me (one of my bonus kids) moved from GA to Nebraska~! oy.... do you know how far Nebraska is from me? My daughter and I and a friend have been knitting warm accessories and had the added advantage of going to her Ravelry site and peeking about in her favorites. ; ) We're ready to mail a 'shower' of warm wishes from 'home', as it's about time for some weather there that she is definately not accustomed to. I also have done some sneaky holiday fact gathering on my own daughter there... ; )

All that knitting goodness in one location~ we're lucky girls~

dawn

·
Premium Member
3,845 Posts
I got my invite and registered yesterday. I've spent a little time trying to get acquainted with the site. Possibly I don't know what I'm doing, but I'm not finding very many free patterns. I'm not interested in buying expensive patterns. Am I doing something wrong?

·
Fiber Arts forum Mod.
11,519 Posts
Countrylady if you go to the patterns tab at the top of the page then when you get to the patterns page you can do a search for, free ......, whatever it is you are looking for. You should get pages of free patterns. Just what are you looking for?

·
Premium Member
3,845 Posts
Countrylady if you go to the patterns tab at the top of the page then when you get to the patterns page you can do a search for, free ......, whatever it is you are looking for. You should get pages of free patterns. Just what are you looking for?
Thank you. This will help me.

·
Fiber Arts forum Mod.
11,519 Posts
Glad I could help. I'll go over and friend you, then if you have any questions or problems you can just PM me there. But anyone can ask for help here too.

·
Fiber Arts forum Mod.
11,519 Posts
Country Lady who are you over on Ravelry? There is a countrylady by the name of Barb from Aurora, I dont know what state though. Is that you?

·
Premium Member
3,845 Posts
Country Lady who are you over on Ravelry? There is a countrylady by the name of Barb from Aurora, I dont know what state though. Is that you?
That's not me. I guess she beat me to it. I'm LuvinCountry
I haven't had much time to check the site out, but I'm dropping in there a few minutes along.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I'll try to add you all to my friend list...

I am Knitstersister29

·
Fiber Arts forum Mod.
11,519 Posts
Off to add you to my friends.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts