Ratings for seed companies?

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by moldy, Nov 27, 2006.

1. moldy

moldy Well-Known Member

I remember once upon a time seeing a site that rated seed companies, along with listing their associated companies (like Breck and Michigan Bulb companies, etc). Could anyone post that site if you have it? Thanks. I am looking for comments on Totally Tomatoes and the Vermont Bean seed company.

2. DoubleBee

DoubleBee Well-Known Member

3. Pony

Pony STILL not Alice Supporter

I have found that I need to take what I read on Dave's with a grain or two of salt. Some people are very, very particular, and will complain about the slightest issue (even if the company worked hard to resolve it).

If there are red flags, it's good to know about, but sometimes you have to read between the lines.

Pony!

4. moldy

moldy Well-Known Member

Thanks, that was exactly what I was looking for.

5. SquashNut

SquashNut Well-Known Member

I check and use Dave's. I have pretty much found the users to be right on the money about the companies.

6. Zebraman

Zebraman Well-Known Member

Hey Moldy;I use Daves garden,and I do read the negatives and can tell wether or not if its just a complainer or if its legitimate.I too just received T.Tomatoes and V.B.Seed.The T.Tom has half hybrids which I don't grow and all of the OP varieties that they have so do I.If you want a Great Bean site check out
    http://www.heirloomacres.net In case you don't know "Greasy beans do not have the toughness gene that modern cultivars have and although they do have a somewhat odd appearance they are the best tasting green beans on the planet.-