rant/rattlesnake/husband

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by sunshine estate, May 1, 2006.

1. sunshine estate

sunshine estate Well-Known Member

My husband is passive-agressive - he works with the assumption that whatever I say must be contradicted, so...I TOLD him not to pile up stuff near our pathways that snakes could hide under, and guess what? He piled up stuff near one of the walkways and I almost got bit by a rattlesnake a few minutes ago - and what makes me madder - the snake got away when I went after it with hoe!!!

I just wanted to let off a little steam, and maybe pass on a little info/advice for those who haven't thought of this yet - don't pile up miscellaneous objects that snakes can hide under close to pathways; and passive-agressive people can and do kill their victims sometimes- although indirectly (but most of us will never know it - the p-a type is a master at denying/hiding responsibility)

When I'm able to work full time again, I'll be looking at a divorce - this is not the last straw, that happened over a year ago, but I can't work full time yet due to health, and I still have two teenagers at home to support. I'm going to be celibate for the rest of my life - it's time to call it quits with romantic relationships with men - all I pick is abusers of one sort or another, but no wonder, since that's what my original family was - both parents!!!

Also, please pray for me, those who believe in prayer...sometimes it's hard to hang on to a positve attitude...

Thanks for reading this.

Kat

2. AngieM2

AngieM2 Big Front Porch advocate

Kat - here's a hug.
    Good luck
    Angie

3. sunshine estate

sunshine estate Well-Known Member

Thank you and God bless you - and I really like your quote - it's one of the lines I always anticipate when I watch that episode of Star Wars...

4. QBVII

QBVII Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear there are two teenagers involved. That makes it very difficult.

You sound like a strong person who is doing what's necessary to cope with an impossible situation.

You have my emphathy.

I've been there.

Just try to forget about your spouse and his ways. He doesn't matter right now, what matters is your kids and doing what you have to do for them. Spend time with them and think of them, take each day as it comes and try to find some joy along the way.
    Eventually you'll come out on the other side.

5. HermitJohn

HermitJohn Well-Known Member

You most likely have mice or rats in area. Snakes really only hang around traffic areas if there is food.

By way I almost stepped on a fair size rattler last summer. My own carelessness though and for record it was away from the house but near old car that it probably was cleaning rats and mice out of. Luckily it was feeling rather lethargic, maybe just ate.

6. wilderness1989

wilderness1989 Well-Known Member

7. donsgal

donsgal Nohoa Homestead

Have you considered reverse psychology? Instead of "Don't pile up that stuff by the walkway", which, you know will lead to the opposite....say "I don't care where you put it. If it was ME, I'd just pile it by the walkway and be done with it".

Seems like it would work if he is as bad as you say he is.

donsgal

8. Maura

Maura Well-Known Member Supporter

Leave if you must (((hugs)))

But do it with good cheer. It will be better for you kids to see you starting a new chapter in your life with a smile and hope rather than in an angry reaction.

9. Jillis

Jillis Well-Known Member

Ugh. Passive aggresives infuriate me. My dad was one, but my oldest son is the master.
    He can get me so mad you have to peel me off the ceiling. And of course, when I go ape, he is very calm and condescending, having gotten what he wanted all along...

I still love him though...