Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to start raising some coturnix quail. I can buy a dozen of fertile eggs for 2.00 and have a dozen incubated for 2.50. But the guy that incubates them has shut off incubators for the year and wants me to have 150 eggs to turn back on. Would it be worth it? I would only raise them 7 to 8 weeks and slaughter most of them. Maybe keep a few hens and males to breed.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I would invest in a small tabletop incubator (about $100 with turner plus a littl e bit more for quail egg rails) and hatch them myself... then you only have to purchase the initial eggs and incubator... save some to laying age and incubate those eggs and have a revolving source of quail. I have a few incubators leftover from raising chickens and am about to invest in the quail egg holder thingys and do this myself.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would invest in a small tabletop incubator (about $100 with turner plus a littl e bit more for quail egg rails) and hatch them myself... then you only have to purchase the initial eggs and incubator... save some to laying age and incubate those eggs and have a revolving source of quail. I have a few incubators leftover from raising chickens and am about to invest in the quail egg holder thingys and do this myself.
Thanks for the advice!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts