Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
15,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I got this whole thing figured out. People in the top 5% make 2500/hour so why not just raise the minimum wage to 2500/hour? That way we will all have income equality and the only way to go from there is up.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
So, I got this whole thing figured out. People in the top 5% make 2500/hour so why not just raise the minimum wage to 2500/hour? That way we will all have income equality and the only way to go from there is up.

Thoughts?
Dang! You got it figured out. I thought I was doing great at $1100 a day back in 2005. Don't tell my nephews 😂... Every generation gets more used to the give me world 🌎 depending on the breeding cycle!!! Had to play the cows part on stuff.

·
Registered
11,251 Posts
Raising the minimum wage is a joke on us folks - don't get suckered in and think the government is being benevolent. It's just another sneaky way for the government to get more taxes.

Talk to someone that's gotten a pay raise and come home with less cash in their pocket. Or someone who has refused a pay raise because it's put them in a higher tax bracket.....

·
Registered
15,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Raising the minimum wage is a joke on us folks - don't get suckered in and think the government is being benevolent. It's just another sneaky way for the government to get more taxes.

Talk to someone that's gotten a pay raise and come home with less cash in their pocket. Or someone who has refused a pay raise because it's put them in a higher tax bracket.....
Think of the national debt and how much we would pay that down. They promise to not spend more every 4 years.

Besides, you know you need to pay more taxes. :)

·
Super Moderator
9,379 Posts
a friend managed a very successful pizzeria in IL they raised the minimum to 10 dollars an hour Jan 1 2020 with plans to ad 1 dollar each Jan 1 till they were at 15 an hour they knew they couldn't make it work with those numbers.

it isn't just going from paying the employee who was making 8-10 to 15 it is all the payroll taxes also.

they closed in December 2019

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Second thought, how much can we increase the rent???
Depents on how many people can pay. I remember years ago when aircraft co. in Settle lay off just about all workers cause no contracts People left Seattle by the millions. You could rent a two bedroom house for 100 bucks a month.

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
If everybody was making at least $2500 an hour It would define the new poverty level. There would be many more people in poverty, all the folks that had been making less than $2500 an hour. So much for the war on poverty.

·
Registered
354 Posts

Yep.the Laffer Curve has a 100% historic accuracy rate. It applies to income and taxation equally. But in today's world, feeling that you did something "good" is better than actually doing something good,even if what you did to make yourself feel good results in the completely opposite of what you thought you would accomplish

1 - 20 of 179 Posts