Rain!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Sweet Goats, Jun 21, 2006.

1. Sweet Goats

Sweet Goats Cashmere goats

If you are the praying kind, please pray for us here in Colorado. We are under such a bad fire danger, we have not been this dry in years. We have NO pastures for our animals and we have not had ANY rain to speek of. Lots of us in the Eastern plains are having to sell off our animals because there really isn't any hay around to even buy for the animals. I know of several farmers that are having to file for bankrupsy because of the drought.
    Oh my it just started to rain and boy is it raining. Thank You all and please keep the prayers coming, with you help we MIGHT be able to save some pasture. We need rain for days and days.

2. littledoe

littledoe Well-Known Member

You got it, sweet goats :)

We'll keep you in our prayers in our neck of the woods.
    Glad to hear you're getting a little rain...

Malissa in Texas

3. mberryrfd

mberryrfd Well-Known Member

can you send some of that rain down here please I think we have had 1/2 a inch this year we shoulda had like 6. And no snow this winter to speak of.
    Dryest here in 114 years

4. AllWolf

AllWolf We love all our animals

Sending prayers your way and hope this get better soon for you all

God Bless.

5. Debara

Debara Well-Known Member

Sending you prayers. :angel: May God Bless you all. DEB

6. Shazza

Shazza Well-Known Member Supporter

The same thing is happening the world over isnt it...we havent had rain for mths and we ran out of drinking water yesterday, so got a load delivered and whats it doing right now...why raining of course. LOL. Should've known that would happen. Praying and sharing from here to you guys. :)

7. lscheopner

lscheopner lscheopner

I am one of those on the eastern plains. We have hay right now but hope we will be able to find some for winter. Sold 3 of our horses and thinking of selling a couple more just so we can feed the goats this winter. Some of the hay we bought was also very weedy. Our pasture grass looks terrible this year. Storms have missed us every time. The other areas around us have had some rain but we have not. Hope it gets better soon and we keep praying it will rain.

8. lscheopner

lscheopner lscheopner

We are getting rain!!! My husband is so excited he is sitting on the front porch watching it. I think the prayers are working!

Laina

9. rranch

rranch Well-Known Member

Geez, so sorry for hoggin all the wet weather. we have yet to dry out this year. I am still in mud in my goat pens. I'm so sick of water. My garden has yet to germinate. So whats the deal, the pac nw gets rain 10 mo a year, the south gets none. Well maybe a summer down pour here or there for a flood watch. It gives us news.

10. mberryrfd

Well last night was a big storm for us. If I would have been in the midwest i would have beem looking for the twisters. I counted 51 lighting strikes in about 3 minutes.
    Then it came we wound up getting a good inch of pea size hail and I am not joking I even had to go get the camera it looked like winter.Then with the rain and when the haill melted we had a mini river heading towards our pasture.There was enough hail that you could still it piled up in spots this evening.
    But the worst part is the darn stupid Guineas ant find 3 of them found 2 doa instead of going in the shelter they went under a gord and prolly deid from the hail. The other 3 who knows could have washed away.
    BUT WE REALLY NEEDED THE RAIN

11. lscheopner

lscheopner lscheopner

They are calling for more rain and some hail tonight. Hope we don't get hail, guys are cutting wheat right now and that would ruin their crops. Course with the rain they still won't be able to cut right now but they are way early cutting. I will take rain any way we can get it. At least most of them have insurance for hail if the pastures and hay fields die no one will give us money to feed our animals.
    Our horses were rolling in the wet grass tonight so everyone is muddy. I think they are as excited as us to see the rain. Let it Rain!!!

Laina

12. mberryrfd

and even more rain
    last night and tonight
    hope it keeps coming

13. moonspinner

moonspinner Well-Known Member

Out east here we're having the opposite problem. Too much with flooding in some parts. Isn't that always the way?

14. lscheopner

lscheopner lscheopner

Wish you could send some here. Our rain storm lasted about 30 minutes of good heavy rain. I am not picky on how much we get as long as we get some. Really don't want a flood. Seems like that is how Texas gets it, no rain and then flooding. They are calling for more rain tomorrow, we'll see.

15. Farmgirl2005

Farmgirl2005 Well-Known Member

i also wish you could have some of ours.. it has rained here five daays straight.. with no sight of letting up yesterday and last night all it did was down poor.. im am thinkin of movin out west any other easterners with me lol..
    My prayers are with you
    Lyn

16. midkiffsjoy

midkiffsjoy Bedias, Texas

Houston got all OUR rain. They were all flooded last week. We got some but it was more lightening than rain. I hade SUCH nice squash and its all just shrived up and died cause I couldnt get a hose out to it. My nieghbor cross the way put in an irrigation system in his hay field last year, been using it for a month now. His tank is gettin kinda low. Its funny....I married a city boy. Even Evan's been praying for rain. Thats gotta say something!!! grin.

17. Yldrosie

Yldrosie Well-Known Member

An old New Mexico rancher was standing on the deck of the ark, with Noah. After the rain stopped, Noah turned to the rancher and said, "So what do you think of that?"
    The rancher replied, "Pretty good, now, if we could only get one more rain."

18. moonspinner

moonspinner Well-Known Member

Farm Girl I'm with ya! Let's head em up and move em out west!

19. mberryrfd

You can always find a native New Mexican. He will drop what he is doing to go watch the rain.

20. Farmgirl2005

Farmgirl2005 Well-Known Member

anyone else wanna move lol :rolleyes: .... so where do ya wanna move to moon spinner. :rolleyes: ...
    LYN