&^%$%^$#@*& RAIN!

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Ed in S. AL, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Ed in S. AL

Ed in S. AL Well-Known Member

Oh no, it can rain an inch over in Mississippi, but we get a whole 5 minutes worth. Worthless dang mess. Got enough to knock the duct down a little and thats it. So now we are up to 2 traces of rain for 2 months.

:grump: :grump: :grump:

2. snoozy

snoozy Well-Known Member Supporter

Shouldn't it say: "&^%$%^$#@*& LACK OF RAIN"?

3. vegascowgirl

vegascowgirl Try Me

We'd be happy to get five minutes of the stuff. It's been raining just south of us for two days now. We haven't even got a spittle.

4. swamp man

swamp man Well-Known Member

It was real patchy here(s.MS).I got an inch and a half,but my buddy,about 15 miles away,just got trace rainfall.

5. tyusclan

tyusclan Well-Known Member

Yeah, the fronts keep coming, and just about the time they get to us that south wind blows it right off of us. Been doing that for a couple of months now. We're working on the driest April in 30 years this year. Farmers everywhere are either irrigating to plant, or waiting for rain where they don't have irrigation. Corn's already late and it's time to plant peanuts and cotton, and nobody can.

6. TNHermit

TNHermit Well-Known Member Supporter

We got so much last night and today its bubbling up out of the ground and one of the buildings i store lumber in is sinking. washed away the cabbage and some strawberries. :(

7. MERRYMEDIC

MERRYMEDIC LIVE YOUR LIFE...

We are dry here. Think I'll just plant garden in the large cracks in the ground and see if they hit bottom and take hold :rolleyes:

8. Ed in S. AL

Ed in S. AL Well-Known Member

Well looks like we are gonna get lucky. Got some more big storms building up again in Mississippi, and they are almost here. Fixing to get a good heavy rain, and a few more during the rest of the night.

9. Big Dave

Big Dave Well-Known Member

I saw the fires take the side of sugarloaf mountain one ridge over. We are 13 inches below normal. I am afraid when it does come we will have a lot of run off?

10. RachAnn in NW Okla

RachAnn in NW Okla Well-Known Member

Hi~

We have been so dry here that except for about 48 hours we have been in a burn ban since November....since the 48 hr reprieve the farmers can burn only if the wind is less than 15 mph (yeah right, this is Okla!) and they have to have it okayed by the fire dept. and notify their surrounding landowners....

we will take every drop we can get

Rachel

11. jnap31

jnap31 garden guy

My wife 45 min east of Faytteville said she is tired f all the rain but it was getting pretty dry she had to water the garden last week before the rain came. The garden is just soaking it up! Wish she could send a little your way.

12. tyusclan

tyusclan Well-Known Member

IT'S RAINING!!!!!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

13. Cyngbaeld

Cyngbaeld In Remembrance Supporter

We JUST got three inches! I finally planted potatoes a month late, but didn't have water. Ground was bone dry. Hope we don't go too long without more. Ducks are happy tho!

14. okgoatgal2

okgoatgal2 Well-Known Member

yeah, it all has been either north or south of us.... i don't remember the last time we had rain...been a couple of weeks at least, and several months before that.....

15. JackDeePeyton

JackDeePeyton Well-Known Member

South Central Kansas, on the Ks/Okla border.........need some rain bad in this area, most of the farmers are pretty discouraged. Like you said, okgoatgal2, either it rains north, south, east or west of us. By this time of the year, we are usually rained out, hope this is not a sign for things to come this summer.