Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 4 months with zero rain and darn little before that, we got some rain. It's not steady but it's enough to raise our rain year total from 5% of normal to 40% of normal in one afternoon. Since it's early in the rain year, that sounds like more than it really is but it looks to be a whole inch before morning. Enough to carry us through to the real rainy season starting on October or November. If that chooses to come as normal.

Talk about the nick of time- some of the trees that I couldn't water were looking very sad. Thursday it's back to hot and dry but the redwoods are good at holding onto the rain and I know they will make use of it.

The termites were spot on. For rain in the fall, they are a better prognosticator than science. Of course, for all I know, there may be little termite labs 20 feet down conducting experiments. :)

Keep the people of Weed in your thoughts. They just lost a third of their homes to a wildfire.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
That's got to be a big relief. I hope you continue to get more rain. We are finally getting some light showers here today too.

Keep the people of Weed in your thoughts. They just lost a third of their homes to a wildfire.
I was watching the news reports about the fires at Weed tonight. They were saying the area affected by the fires there is bigger than Manhattan.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts