Rain this morning

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by moopups, Nov 28, 2006.

1. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    But supposed to get to 80 today, 65 at night here. It was down into the 40's a few days back, had a blanket on my feet as I sit on the screened porch to write words then. Going to go see about the dental office's condition today, we do ground maintenance for 3 offices as well as tend to a grass air strip.

We also feed 3 mini horses, one wild mustang; 4 calves, 3 goats, and 11 pigs. All at the air strip to ensure that the ag zoning keep intact. Located here are 7 chickens, a lot of doves that number about 20, they don't keep still enough to get a good count. 7 rabbits, and 2 turkeys complete our mini farm/ suburb area.

We are in good standings with all the next door neighbors, we are presently getting away with animals in a residential area. How long this will last is a constant question I ask myself. There is an 'out' if it becomes a problem, the air strip is just 3 block away and zoned correctly for animals. It would be a nuisance to go there each evening to tend to the critters but that is about the only available option.

Planning a spring garden here in the yard, got plenty of space and animal dropping to accomplish such. Anybody got any spare ambition to share?

2. newatthis

newatthis Well-Known Member

Where is Ocklawaha?? 80 degrees...I want to come and visit. It is 34 here in rainy WI. We should go up to 50 degrees which is a high for us:eek:)

3. Mrs. Vet

Mrs. Vet Well-Known Member

Suposed to be beautiful until Thrusday here. Really nice! Leaving the backdoor open and airing out the house too.

4. kars1995

kars1995 Well-Known Member

To be 81 today in central Texas. Maybe we'll get some rain. Not holding my breath though. :-(

5. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    Ocklawaha is located about 12 miles below Ocala; here in upper central Florida.