Rain Again,

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by james dilley, Jul 26, 2006.

1. james dilley

james dilley Well-Known Member Supporter

Well it fianilly rained again, This time almost An inch. The ground is really soaked. The yard was dry except where the washer drained out on. I hope the yard won't need cut soon. The road is under about A foot of water. hopefully the rains will help.

2. cheryl-tx

cheryl-tx Well-Known Member

I got crawdads crawling around on the porch, thats how much rain and just how soaked it is here. :)

3. james dilley

james dilley Well-Known Member Supporter

They are reporting on the news ,We have gotten, Anywhere from 2" to 4.5" today here in South texas..And its still raining. right now.

4. Windy in Kansas

Windy in Kansas In Remembrance

How dry is it?

It is so dry here in south central Kansas that yesterday I had to water rocks to keep enough weight in them to keep them from blowing around.

The corn crops look like toothpicks standing in the fields and much is being cut for silage in an attempt to salvage something from the growing effort.

Please feel free to send any excess rainfall to Kansas.

5. Ole Man Legrand

Ole Man Legrand Well-Known Member

We are accustom to dry summers. This spring was dry and the creek dryed up. 30 days ago the rains started [thunder storms] we have 19 and one half inch of rain in the past 30 days.The hay needs cutting but you couldn't get it dry in this weather. Jay

6. dixiedoodle

dixiedoodle Well-Known Member

YOU are lucky. We are so dry,our spring has dryed up. We have carried water for 5-weeks.My flowers has dryed up. My grass has turned brown.Even the bank at the edge of the road has started cracking open. I can get my foot in it,three to four feet long in places.I,d like it to rain a solid week without stopping!! It rains every where except here. :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: