Racoons!

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Lynnette, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Lynnette

Lynnette Michigan Hobby Farmer

Deleted due to some potentially wise advice

2. KSALguy

KSALguy Lost in the Wiregrass Supporter

hey if it works it works, i dont want Coons or Coyotes around EATHER so i say Congratulations,

3. turtlehead

turtlehead Well-Known Member

Hey if they're gone they're gone.
    I like raccoons and coyotes - but not around my animals.

4. xoxoGOATSxoxo

xoxoGOATSxoxo when in doubt, mumble.

Hopefully they're gone for good.

I got my first rabbit in 5th grade. He had a wooden hutch and one early morning it was found open. We found dear Shadow under a shelf, dead, with his throat and shoulder ripped out. There was racoon "evidence" so that's what we assume it was that killed him.

I'm glad you had no fatalities, it's horrible.

5. RoyalOaksRanch

RoyalOaksRanch Royal Oaks Taxidermy

Do you realize its against the law to poison with antifreeze? Matter of fact I dont think poison is legal anymore in any of the states Ive been checking into lately. For one its a very painful death. AND because many other animals can be killed when using poison along with the intended victim. Id remove the post if I were you.
    I dont have sympathy for coons or coyotes either. Around here I shoot them. You can call Animal Control and request that the county trapper deal with the problem. Or they can give you a trap and they will remove it for you.
    If it was winter Id say send their dead little bodies to me :) IM starting Taxidermy and I cant WAIT until its legal to hunt them here...

6. KSALguy

KSALguy Lost in the Wiregrass Supporter

i agree Poison IS questionable,

i am also a firm beliver that if your able you should have some sort of Guard Dog, weather its an LGD or some other kind of dog that lives outside and is protective if the farm,

but i also know not everyone is ABLE to do this

7. busybee870

busybee870 Well-Known Member

doesnt make sense to tell someone to delete their post if you are gonna quote them. Not trying to be rude just letting you know maybe you should delete yours too.

8. bob clark

bob clark A man's man

poison will kill cats as well. Im not saying it is a good thing or a bad thing. the poison that i put out for coons has rewarded me with 12 coon and one possum. but thismorning i also found a stray cat it is a feral tom that i hadent seen before thismorning

Im posting this to let people know that the poison is effective it is not without other problems

9. Burbsteader

Burbsteader Well-Known Member

Never mind. My reply was not very friendly.

Since this thread is about a likely illegal and rather questionable activity and the original poster wisely deleted her post, I would suggest deleting the entire thread.