rabbits gods sweetest animals

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by god, Sep 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. god

god New Member

ive a rabbit in a pen right beside my bed & i dont how people can eat rabbits. become a vegan. save money. have better health. & repect the dignity of these lovely creatures

2. Lynnette

Lynnette Michigan Hobby Farmer

God? Your screen name is God? I am not religious, but I have a feeling that those on this site who are, are not going to take kindly to that. and you posted something like this in a rabbit forum where it's posters eat rabbit, and that is essentially the only people who post there. I believe you are looking for trouble in the wrong place. That is not what HT is about.

3. trixiwick

trixiwick bunny slave

I really wish people on this board could find a happy middle ground, as there is on every other animal forum. There are people on the poultry board who just keep chickens as pets, and they don't get judgmental about people like me who eat mine. There are people on the goat board who raise their animals for meat, and they don't call me names just because I'd rather keep mine as pets. Why can't everyone just respect one another's choices?

For myself, our rabbits are definitely pets (and fertilizer producers!) - I would sooner eat the goats. But I see nothing morally wrong with raising them (humanely) for meat. I just stay out of those "how to kill rabbits" threads, because I don't think I'd much enjoy them. :help:

I'd really like to see us come around to the attitude taken by the poultry board folks.

4. suburbanite

suburbanite Well-Known Member

N. Calif./was USDA 9b before global warming
    I find the logon humorous. But it does sort of serve as a red flag for either 'nutcake', 'child', or 'troll'.

Personally I've found rabbits to be more gamey than sweet, but it is possible that they weren't prepared properly.

I'm sorry, I'm a sucker for a pun. I also prefer rabbits as pets rather than food, but to each is own.

The government classifies them as 'fowl', something of an abomination because it does so to allow cheaper slaughter methods that (while effective for birds) are not really appropriate to rabbits and cause unnecessary suffering. I won't go into the details as they are too gruesome to contemplate even for me, and I'm a medical person who's seen a lot of gore. The law needs to be changed.

Folk online here I think slaughter their own, which pretty much guarantees a humane death due to the basic character of folk on this board.

5. bob clark

bob clark A man's man

god, welcome to the forum :angel:

6. Meg Z

Meg Z winding down

A Vegan? And eat those poor defenseless veggies! Oh, my, 'god'...how could you!

I figure the only person who can fuss about eating one type of live critter is someone who doesn't eat any types of live critters. So, unless you're a fruitarian...you have no room to talk!

Me

7. dlwelch

dlwelch Well-Known Member

You need to read:What this forum is about

I doubt that the moderator is going to allow much participation
    from you. :nono:

8. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member Supporter

Of course, the usual philosophical question comes up...

If vegetarians eat vegetables, then humanitarians eat...????

I don't have a problem with the OP's screen name, but the attitude certainly seems kind of troll-like.

Meg Z, you used to have a tag line about all life requiring death to sustain it. I appreciate that attitude. Could you please post that?

Thanks!
    Pony!

9. dlwelch

dlwelch Well-Known Member

You're also a sucker for Animal Rights Advocate propaganda. :)
    Please provide chapter and verse from the USDA website to backup your
    statement.

Regarding the gruesome details of cheaper slaughter methods.....
    Do you have any real knowledge of the workings of a rabbit
    processing facility? Are you repeating more hype from the extremists
    who don't want any animal to be used for food?

If you were to read the threads here regarding the slaughter of a rabbit,
    you will find that many use the same methods employed by commercial processors.

10. Jennifer L.

Jennifer L. Well-Known Member Supporter

god is a troll. Interesting concept.

Your "sweetest" bunny comes from animals raised for centuries for meat, when people had to survive without grocery stores. And by the way, it's not healthy to eat nothing but vegetables. I always wonder at people who believe that one. Lets hope you never have kids and put them on a vegan diet. The poor little kids would have underdeveloped brains from lack of essential fatty acids.

Go preach somewhere else.

11. Tracy

Tracy Well-Known Member

Before this gets out of hand.This thread is now locked.
    I do not have the time or patience to put up with trolls or kids that have nothing better to do.
    The origianl poster that has a user name as god :nono:
    go somewhere else. You are not permitted to post here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.