Rabbitry websites

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by rabbitgal, Oct 28, 2006.

1. rabbitgal

rabbitgal Ex-homesteader

I've long outgrown my website on Geocities, so I've been looking at paid website hosting. However, in the process, I found a nice FREE host: Freewebs.com. It's ad-supported and you don't get a lot of space or bandwidth (related to how many people can visit your website in a month's time), but it's really easy to set up a nice-looking site in no time. I put together my Angora website (including writing all the content) in about two days.

Unless you know HTML, their site building tool isn't very flexible...however, it's fast to update your site and many things are done automatically.

If you're totally new to websites, you don't plan to have a lot of traffic at first, and you want something professional-looking fast, Freewebs is hard to beat.

2. largentdepoche

largentdepoche Well-Known Member

I like your site alot!

I too switched over to Freewebs, it's wonderful and easy to code your own html. I wouldn't switch back to my old webhost for the world!

Kat

3. Jennifer L.

Jennifer L. Well-Known Member Supporter

Looks good! I like Freewebs because their ads are on TOP not on the side like some of the others are. It's easy to scroll down beyond them without having to close a side window. I really have to get to work on a website, myself. One of these days! LOL!

Jennifer

4. Hilda

Hilda Well-Known Member

It's a very nice website, RabbitGal. Easy on the eyes and the content is well thought out. A nice touch is how your dedication and caring towards these rabbits comes across.

5. rabbitgal

rabbitgal Ex-homesteader

Thanks for your comments, but I didn't do anything besides picking the template and providing text/pictures! The graphics and layout are all part of the template.

Yeah, that's another benefit of freewebs: the ads are MUCH less obtrusive.

The downside is that Freewebs only gives you 1 GB of bandwidth a month. You can't get much traffic without exceeding that, but of course, if you have a lower-traffic site, it's no big problem. (You could also host bandwidth hogs like pictures on a service like imageshack or Photobucket.)