Rabbit timeline again

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by jessandcody, Mar 1, 2004.

1. jessandcody

jessandcody Well-Known Member

Thought I'd ask a few more questions....

Well our rabbits are finally settling down and don't complete hate us anymore :haha: WOOHOO! Actually they know when the barn door opens, good treats come their way. It's a win-win situation!

Okay well our girls are still not ready to bread- they are still quite pink looking. (Sorry I don't know the technical terms for rabbit anatomy) So we have been supplementing their feed with Calf-Manna to give them that extra vitamin boost. Now, can we give our buck this supplement too? He seems a lot smaller than the girls, but that might be normal - not sure about that. SO I guess that was only one question. Thanks!

- Jess

2. jessandcody

jessandcody Well-Known Member

I meant, what helps encourages rabbits to mature for breeding? (not breading) :haha:

3. Robin Pundzak

Robin Pundzak Active Member

Hi Jess,
    I don't know of any supplement to get does ready for breeding sooner. I tried apple cider vinegar in the water this winter with mixed results. I think the breaks in temperature and increased light were more helpful than the vinegar. The does that are willing easy breeders, I keep. The ones that take lots of work, I cull. In springtime everyone mates!
    Robin